Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Stabilicrap

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 08:01 PM
Beginner
Default Stabilicrap

Yeah, all of us who were naive enough to buy one of the 2010 or newer Chevys with their "Stabilitrack" "Traction lock" garbage on it has no doubt encountered that triangle-shaped error light on the dash, along with the impossible-to-remove "warning" on the digital read-out...........and if you haven't seen it you're in for a real treat!!!!

Ya see......these are 2 of the "engineering achievements!!" GM has made to their vehicles that the salesman kinda "forgets" to explain to you when he takes you out on that test drive!!! And even if he does, there's no way in hell that he's gonna' tell you how much it costs to fix this unnecessary garbage WHEN (not if) it goes bad!!!

SO..............Mr. Chevy God, PLEASE tell me how I can blow all this crap out of my truck and return it to a normal, driver-friendly put-it-in-gear-and-drive-it 4x4? I figure it this way - someone made this P.O.S., so I'm thinking that there must be someone out there who is smart enough to know how to eliminate these 2 over-engineered pieces of engineering garbage from my otherwise nice 2011, Texas-born, Silverado, 2500 HD 4x4.

I HATE this crap, so lay it on me - how can I PERMANENTLY (note the word permanently?) kill the T/L and Stabilicrap "options"? New BCM? Re-program the BCM? And is there a way to do this and also eliminate the messages associated with those 2 "options" on that digital read-out on the dash- you know, make the computer think that the TL and Stabilicrap isn't even on this truck??

I guy at a boneyard told me today that if I pull the ABS fuse it will disable these things, but (obviously) the ABS light will be on, and my dash is already lit up like a frikkin' christmas tree already, so I really don't need another error light staring me in the face!!

OH and if anyone at GM is reading this, PLEASE stop putting this crap on our vehicles, because we REALLY don't need your "help" to drive our cars. We really don't want to pay extra for a vehicle that thinks we don't know how to drive it!!!!

God I hope someone has the answer to this!!!!