Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

A/T Tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 09:18 PM
Default A/T Tires

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...w=false&cs=305
Are these decently priced? (Shipping is free from them if you have never purchased from them) I want around 33"s that are fairly wide. So do you have any suggestions as far as tires go for A/T tires that would be better or cheaper? I've heard when it comes to tires that you get what you pay for. (I go muddin occasionaly that is more of corn fields than anything else on my friends land, but I occasionally go through some deep stuff, but it is alot for looks to) If the link does not show up than here is the specs:
All Terrain T/A KO
One of the most popular all-terrain tires just got better.

LT305/65R-17/E2 121R
$259.00 per tire
$1048.00 for all four w/ shipping w/ the valve stems.
These are from www.discounttiredirect.com
Any help is greatly appriceated. Thanks, Tyler.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:50 PM
Toyota, Nissan, and Other Truck Forum Moderator

Go to Firestone for some Bridgestone A/T Revos!! I have used those and they are really good. They have a deal buy 3 and get the fourth for half or something like that. I have gone on many lease roads to work on the rigs and I have yet to bust one or even a flat in the 4 sets I have used. They run about 190 a tire plus mount and balance.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:07 AM

I'm not going to lie... I LOVE the prices of these tires! But the only thing is.. The tread pattern does not look very good on them, as if it wouldn't do to good in the mud. Am I way off and they do or am I right?

Old 05-27-2009, 09:14 AM
General Truck/Classifieds Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by Extacie
I'm not going to lie... I LOVE the prices of these tires! But the only thing is.. The tread pattern does not look very good on them, as if it wouldn't do to good in the mud. Am I way off and they do or am I right?
These ARE an A/T (all terrain)tire that is why the tread looks like it does.......if you want something more aggressive go to a M/S ( mud and snow)tire........M/S tires are a "softer" tire so the more pavement driving you do the "quicker" they will wear

Old 05-27-2009, 09:22 AM

Yes, but from what i've seen some A/T tires have some decently aggresive tread. Like the BFG A/T looks like the tread is more aggressive then the firestone A/T but also there is about a $70.00 in price. And with mud tires I can not really afford to be purchasing new tires every 20k miles when the tires are $800.00+.

size wise what is the difference between these: http://www.onlinetires.com/products/...++108r%2A.html
And these:http://www.onlinetires.com/products/...ko+++121r.html
(33-12.50-15) (305/70/17) Because the 33-12.50-15 are quite a bit cheaper and my friend has some 33-12.50-16.5 BFG MT's on his F250 powerstroke and they look sooo good it's not even funny.
Also, what is your experiences with mickeythomposons? I've heard quite a bit of good this about them and there tread pattern looks okay, so i'm trying to get your opinion. (The A/T)
What is your opinion on A/T? Is there any good ones out there that will have good tread life and do good in the mud? If so what tire?
Thanks again!

Old 05-27-2009, 11:03 AM

A/T's are ok, you will be hard pressed to get one that is really good in the mud but has decent handeling and road wear. The only ones that I know of (Off the top of my head) that are good at both are the Coopers. My buddy had some STT's and they were great. He died before we could really test them out. But they were on his F-150 anyways, so they were already at a handycap!

Your 315-70-R 17's are 34.36 x 12.40 x R 17. So they are close, just taller.

I would look into coopers, and if you want them to be able to handle the loads, then get the E-load rated tires. They have a little stiffer of a ride but they are a whole lot stronger.

If you like BFG's then go with there M/T's. I had a set and they were great. They wear the best out of the M/T's that I have seen. They won't do that great for burnouts, but what tire does!

Old 05-27-2009, 04:24 PM
TruckForum Addict

Hasn't this thread been discussed earlier this month? Not trying to be rude or anything. Anyhow I think I mentioned the Nitto Grabbers... Anyhow just food for thought. Free shipping is good, but remember you still have to get them mounted and balanced... this being said some times ar as I have experienced the mounting and balancing cost more than the free shipping. I would just go to the different tire locations; Discount tire, Tire Rack, NTW, any other tire dealerships in your location. Take your best deal go back to Discount and they normally beat everyone's price; plus you get the Road Hazard Certificates forfree replacement if you blow 1 out.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:31 PM
TruckForum Addict

Yippers here is the other thread I remembered: https://www.truckforums.com/forum/sh...5205#post45205

Old 05-27-2009, 08:23 PM
Administrator

Hey if it helps, I just saw an ad on TV for pep boys and it says that all this week when you buy any 3 tires you get a fourth one free.

I wouldn't buy tires online, its one of those things that I am more comfortable going to a tire specialty shop (not wal mart) and having them balanced and aligned by someone who knows what they are doing. We just put four new 285 Michelin M/S 10ply tires on my Mom's duramax and they ended up being $208 a tire out the door from Discount tire

Old 05-27-2009, 10:00 PM

ok after reading some reviews and doing some research i have learned a little bit more. The thing is that I want something that will do decent to good in the mud but i can not afford spending 1k every 20-30k miles on tires so that is why i wanted a/t tires is because of the extra tread life. so is there any tires out there that does good in the mud and has decent tread life? I was looking into the cooper s/t.

Quick Reply: A/T Tires