Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Tell us what you did to your truck today...

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 10:22 PM
Talking

Wow! There isnt many things NOT on my new denali 2500HD Dmax, but I live out in the country and am used to the HID lights on my last so I ordered and today had the chore of putting them on. No Not the dark blue or purple weak lights or the idiot that has brighs on all the time adjusted wrong, Diamond White high and low beams with included ballasts.
Sorry so long winded but my POINT... I don't know if its just the Denali grill setup w/the Dmax engine but its a special JOB just to change the headlight bulbs!! ... As in several hours "If you were just changing the bulbs" To actually pull the headlight assemblies you have to start at the bottom and remove the flexable painted part all the way around in between the lower bumper and the grill/lights / which means you have to also remove the inner fender wells at least partiallly... when all of that is off or out of way you can remove the Denali Grill then the lights. From the other direction its different on each side the pass side you remove the entire Air Box top and bottom (not so bad) on driver side ou remove Battery , Bat tray, cover and then fuse block, then I was able to utilize my "Second wrist on that arm" to get past washer resevior. I really just felt like taking it apart any way jut to check it out!! Well it was worth it looks great and so bright it attracts every bug in the county! started her up and got a check eng light?!?!?! "BLUE BUTTON" onstar ... didn't have scanner here at house they found fault in air intake sys code had to re-plug and wiggle 3 times to get cel to go out... Hmmm careful when changing the air filter on one of these too !?!?!

Old 08-01-2011, 04:50 PM

Changed EGR valve...

... replaced most the vacuum hoses. The one to the EGR was too short (replacement EGR valves have the nipple further away on the other side). Another crumbled in my hands.

This was after heading to a pick apart, Canadian Tire, Lordco and calling up 6 additional part stores saying they don't have that small of vacuum hose. I got lucky.

Found a strange clacking noise, and am about to find out what it is.

Old 08-07-2011, 03:05 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default found my leak in the radiator

i hooked up a radiator compression testor to my radiator today pumped itup not to much and almost instantly found a 22 shell size whole in my radiator
on the driver side front
looks like im gonna be replaceing soon

Old 08-08-2011, 08:40 PM
TruckForum Addict

well today i carfully took out the steering column for a buddy i work with
went to his house to drop it off then he traded me an aluminum radiator out of a 99 suburban with tow package thing looks brand new
it is a little bit bigger length wise then my stock truck radiator is but im sure there is a way to get it to fit

Old 08-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Beginner

Put in a A/C relay and resister in my 97 silverado. Man what a pain in the a** big hands in a tight place next is and A/C check .

Old 08-09-2011, 03:37 PM

Hey Eddie, at least you were able to squeeze those sausages in there and bet it done lol.

Love the avatar too. My father was a Vietnam vet.

Old 08-09-2011, 03:38 PM

As far as myself, I took grill measurements and laid out a quick drawing so I can make my new grill

Old 08-09-2011, 05:10 PM

New drivers side door handle, inside this time, replaced that outside handle a couple years ago. Would be nice if they made these things with some quality in mind.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:58 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default got some more stuff

got the rear axle off tonight pics to come i had to do alot of cutting as the bolts were so rusted my air compressor didnt have enaugh umph to get the broke loose so i cut the shackles and the support for the leafs but not the actuall leafs themselves
also got the pass side rear shock mount out and rady to weld into my truck
i have some pictures i will upload to my albums soon

Last edited by cubpak89; 08-09-2011 at 08:03 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Beginner

First INF DIV Iron Triangle 1965 -1966

Quick Reply: Tell us what you did to your truck today...