Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Tell us what you did to your truck today...

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 11:33 PM
TruckForum Addict

Drove to gas station. Filled my truck up while cussing about the DAM gas prices and the goverment letting it happen. Drove from Houston to San Antonio, Texas. Filled up on Lackland Air Force Base at 3.25 a gallon. Truck drove good.

Old 03-06-2011, 12:24 AM
Default steering damper replacement, not quite...

Tried to install a Rancho RS5000 steering damper/stabilizer. Didn't go well. Need some tips. Here's the info:

https://www.truckforums.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=10399

Old 03-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

Wasn't my truck but I installed a water pump, belts, hoses, plugs, and wires on Dad's Escalade. Why are the old plug wires so hard to get off the plugs?!?!?!?!?!

Old 03-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Toyota, Nissan, and Other Truck Forum Moderator

Shootin some lube on the manifold bolts. Gettin ready to install my headers in a few days to help the cam I put in. Then on to a wideband tune to hopefully get this truck in the low 13's.

Old 03-07-2011, 03:50 PM
I cussed and kicked dirt @ my GMC today. Don't get me wrong I love my truck but give me a break man. Seriously I need brakes...spent about $1000 and they still don't work right. Oh well, I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:12 PM

Changed the oil on my 98 Sierra and started removing the 5th wheel plates out of the bed. They are a pain when the bolts are rusted!!! Put new belts on the tahoe I am thinking about keeping for my wife and sent the cluster in to get rebuilt (stepper's replaced). The tach stopped working and was making a clicking noise. I didn't realize initially that it was coming from the tach and I was looking all over for what the hell the noise was. Oh well I got it figured out now. There is a company in Tennessee that replaces all the stepper motors and bulb sfor $68.00 - can't beat that!

Old 03-07-2011, 11:34 PM

Had my mechanic put the truck on the hoist to remove the stock steering damper taper pin today. What a friggin PITA that thing was.

Rancho 5000 damper is in there now & steering box is tightened up. Major improvement in steering. Should be even better next month with a new set of Michelin LTX M/S2's and a wheel alignment.

Picked up a bunch of building materials at Home Depot this afternoon. I like my truck.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by *****
Had my mechanic put the truck on the hoist to remove the stock steering damper taper pin today. What a friggin PITA that thing was.

Rancho 5000 damper is in there now & steering box is tightened up. Major improvement in steering. Should be even better next month with a new set of Michelin LTX M/S2's and a wheel alignment.

Picked up a bunch of building materials at Home Depot this afternoon. I like my truck.
Do you have any pictures of the damper installed?

Old 03-09-2011, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mr_Shamrock
Do you have any pictures of the damper installed?
I still have to reinstall the skid plate, so I'll see if I can get one with my phone when I get to that. Probably won't be able to see too much, but you never know.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:40 PM

Quick Reply: Tell us what you did to your truck today...