Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tell us what you did to your truck today...

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 09:40 PM
Beginner

I picked up my 85 c10 from the shop today after her being away for a week getting my 305 swapped for a used crate Chevy performance 350, and i got the th350 long shaft replaced with a 700r4. Not the exact tranny i wanted but itll due for now it was a good deal, and its better than leaking tranny fluid everywhere and every other day having to put a quart in! My next investment is gonna be a complete exhaust swap that Ill be doing myself. Im leaning towards long tube hookers. definitely gonna dual it out, but im stuck in a decision whether i should pursue flowmaster super 10s or something from magnaflow? i have heard good and bad about both. right now theres a flowmaster 40 with a single outlet going to a 3 inch turndown under the cab

Old 09-24-2013, 07:55 AM
Administrator

Congratulations JBMorley on all the upgrades on your C10 and welcome to Truck Forums. If you like.. go to the appropriate sub forum and start up a thread on your truck and we can start tossing a few ideas around on exhaust mods

Old 09-24-2013, 05:18 PM

Had my truck undercoated the other day....Today, I wiped some of the gook that got over sprayed onto the paint.......saves the rust, but its messy

Old 10-19-2013, 07:03 AM

Going to install a new decal on my back window today.

Attached Images  
Old 10-27-2013, 08:22 PM
TruckForum Addict

Installed a 2" class 5 ball on my hitch today and towed a Ford Winstar on a Uhaul trailer ...

Made me proud of my little 305 engine! What a trouper! We guessed it as a grand total of towing a 4500GVW van plus a ~1K ish trailer to equal 5K lbs or so give or take. For my little stock 1500 Silverado and a 305, that seemed pretty respectable to me. Granted, it was slow going off of the line, but it managed to tow it a good 30 miles or so! Not a single problem. I guess that was the test for my newly rebuild 4L60E with the beast shell upgrade.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:45 PM
TruckForum Addict

Put a new tailgate on. Got it painted by the shop painter for $20, got an ebay quality tailgate for $69, so for not that much money, I have myself a good looking, not rusty, not going to fall of my truck tailgate! My poor old tail gate literally rusted away to the point the hinges fell off the gate and the latches and straps were the only things holding it on

Old 11-01-2013, 03:03 AM
Beginner

Actually it was the 30th, when I installed my Black Bear 91 + octane tune

Old 11-01-2013, 08:35 AM
Administrator

I had a complete and full service to my truck to be ready for winter... A couple of the high lights of the service is ALL my brakes got replaced including all the rotor and both rear calipers and my #8 glow plug needed replacing.

It's a good feeling having your truck back in shape again

Old 11-01-2013, 07:49 PM
TruckForum Addict

Just finished doing a tuneup on my truck tonight too. Next up is catalytic converter "cleaning" ... because the monolith is all busted up and rattling ... it's plugged up too. So I will "clean it out" one of these weekends.

Old 11-03-2013, 05:34 PM
TruckForum Addict

Just finished doing a full fuel system cleaning. Used a pressurized container from BG Products and ran their fuel injector cleaner through the injectors, then ran their upper intake and induction cleaner through the intake, then put their 44K long term fuel system cleaner in my gas tank.

What's neat about their system i when you're done, you get to smoke screen the road with all the carbon smoke when you're done! The truck runs lots better too. It's been said that their 44K products can clean catalytic converters too, curing the notorious P0420 codes.

I'm going to end up replacing my converter with a walker direct replacement unit ordered from Rockauto though. Hopefully it will bring some power back to the beast, because it's been running kinda slow lately. The fuel system cleaning has really helped though.

Quick Reply: Tell us what you did to your truck today...