Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

throttle body spacer shopping

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 08:55 AM
TruckForum Addict
Default throttle body spacer shopping

I am planning on ordering the Trans Dapt torque curve tbs today and wanted to see if anyone knew who had the cheapest price. I found it for $51 on Jegz and after shipping it's like $66. Anyone found it cheaper anywhere else? I checked Summit. Don't know very many aftermarket parts suppliers like these.

Old 08-11-2007, 09:24 AM
TruckForum Addict
Default RE: throttle body spacer shopping

I am thinking about ordering it from CNC-Motorsports.com . Has anyone used them before? Any problems I should know about?

Old 08-11-2007, 11:46 AM

I think jegs is the best price. I have seen no better. As far as the other company, I have never heard of them.

Old 08-11-2007, 01:00 PM
TruckForum Addict

Well I had trouble getting CNC-motorsports' website to work so I ended up going with Summit Racing. They are like a dollar more than Jegz but the shipping and handleing ended up being a bit cheaper than Jegz. Only like a $3 difference but hey, I gotta work for it.

Old 08-11-2007, 01:32 PM

sounds like a good deal. Hope you like it as much as I do.

Old 08-15-2007, 10:19 PM
TruckForum Addict

Well I installed the spacer. Seems to help throughout the whole power band. Not a lot but you can tell it. I think what also helped me was cleaning the throttle body. It had carbon caked around the wall of the throttle body where the butterfly rests. Think cleaning it helped me restore some throttle response.

What a pain in the butt to install though! If you haven't done the throttle body coolant bypass mod it is almost impossible to fit the spacer between the throttle body and the intake manifold!!! Finally got it but I wanted to kill whoever came up with it. Also, you do need to trim the fan shroud even with the stock intake. It will fit back together but they are butted up together VERY tightly and will probably cause the intake tubing to get a hole rubbed into it. I've got it on there without trimming it for now but that's just because I was pressed for time. Good luck to whomever does this mod!

Old 08-16-2007, 12:47 AM

i bought my intake ans spacer together used, so the guy before me did all the fitment, so that was one less big headache

Old 08-16-2007, 07:18 AM

Same here 72Charger. Mine is real tight too. I am worried that the intake might hit the fan if the shroud wasn't pushing on it. But then again, like you said, it could wear a hole in the intake too.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:47 PM
TruckForum Addict

Nah I don't think the intake could hit the fan. I stuck my hand under the fan shroud after I finished and it seemed like there was a good 1.5-2 inch clearence roughly.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:24 AM

Speaking of shrouds.....I think Im just going to remove my engine driven fan and get electric. I did it on my Nissan and it helped out alot.

Quick Reply: throttle body spacer shopping