Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

throttle cable adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 10:57 AM
Default throttle cable adjustment

Puttin on my Trans Dapt tbs right now and dont know how to adjust my throttle cable.How is it done on the 02 4.8?Also,it says to only use 1 gasket and save the other one for future use.Whats up with that?Any advice on the best way to trim my fan shroud guys?
THANKS!

Old 09-09-2007, 11:55 AM
Default RE: throttle cable adjustment

This has been discussed in other posts.....I have K&N intake on my 03 and found that i could not install TBS without moving fan or trimming BOTH the shroud and the end of the intake tube. My intake would be in the path of the fan blades if i trimmed only the shroud. I decided to wait on the tbs for now. Im planning on trying the electric fan conversion which would allow more room for the tbs/intake combo. Your 02 could be different than my setup, but just make sure your fan blades have plenty of clearance or you will destroy alot of ****.

Old 09-09-2007, 01:40 PM

there should be two silver bars with two holes in it. i forget exactly how its arranged, but it moves where the throttle cables are tied town (three screws) forward a little bit, forward being towards the fan

Old 09-09-2007, 01:48 PM
TruckForum Addict

If you have the factory air intake on there still, it will go back on after you install the tbs. It is REALLY tight and the intake kinda pushes out on the fan shroud but you can squeeze the intake in between the throttle body and the fan shroud without modifying them. That's what I did, though I am concerned that them rubbing eachother while the engine is running could cause the intake to develope a leak. It's working fine for now though. Once it cools down outside in the next month or so, I'll probably go ahead and trim the fan shroud a bit. You won't have to trim much off either.

Old 09-09-2007, 01:59 PM

Thanks guys.....i trimmed my fan blades just a little bit and the shroudas well.I was concerned that id run a lil hot with the blades trimmed, but no difference.That tbs is worth its weight in gold!

Old 09-09-2007, 02:40 PM

yeah its definitely the best bang for the buck i've found so far (besides the free mods)

Old 09-09-2007, 06:11 PM

If you position the intake tube right you don't have to worry about the fan hitting the intake, just the shroud. You get the throttle cable worked out.

Old 09-09-2007, 07:22 PM

No matter how i positioned the intake tube,it was hittin the fan blades.I didnt want to hack up the tube to fit it on the body .The motor seems to bog a little bit when i hit it at around 30 mph,then pulls hard.With the k&n and the spacer,are these mods cause for a re-map of my pcu to fix this problem?I plan to anyway after headers and exhaust.

Old 09-09-2007, 07:47 PM

mine does that too, im pretty sure its just a lack of torque... smaller v8 and whatnot

Old 09-10-2007, 07:36 AM

A tune will bring it back. I think it has to do with the shifting. Remember, these trucks are made to get good gas milage when you aren't haulin anything so the truck up shifts quicker (too quick if you ask me).

Quick Reply: throttle cable adjustment