Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Truck overheated. Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 08:00 PM
Default Truck overheated. Need Advice

Hello everyone.

First of all, I hope I've posted this in the correct section. Forgive me If I haven't. I'm ok with it being moved to its correct forum section if need be.

Anyways, I own a 2001 Chevy Silverado. This car has been great to me since I purchased it used from a buddy just over a year ago. It's fulfilled its job quite well, while sparing me any headache. However, just yesterday my car overheated on me. When I got home I inspected its radiator and found that this part was to blame. It showed signs of leakage and a majority of the fins were severely bent. I know that replacement is my only option at this point, but before I do so, I'd like some advice. I've decided to purchase an aftermarket version online, but don't know which companies are reputable. I've found two that I particularly like but before I buy from one of them, I'd like some sort of verification that they are a legitimate business. I almost never buy anything online so I don't know how to spot a scam, and I can't afford to be scammed.

Has anyone dealt with either of the following companies and can verify that they are a legitimate company? Thanks in advance.

2001 Chevrolet Pickup Chevy Silverado Radiator 6.6l Diesel 3/4 & 1 Ton Engine Oil Cooler
or
Chevrolet Silverado Radiator > RadiatorSpot.com

Old 03-26-2011, 09:22 AM

Welcome to the forum and you are in the right place. I'm not familiar with either place but I personally would look closely at local suppliers before buying something like this on line. If it doesn't fit, leaks or something else, it is a pain to return. I purchase a lot of stuff on line but unless it would be a big savings, I'm going to the local parts store to buy something like a radiator. Good luck.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:28 AM

Also keep in mind the guarillia's USPS an UPS hire to delivers parcels. Any damaged upon delivery packages is a pain in the a__ to return, not to mention the time lost fixing your truck.