Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

truckfourms.com

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 09:31 AM
TruckForum Addict
Default RE: truckfourms.com

Yep that is who i saw do that last night. I was just admazed you were racing again right after that. Must have been the styrofoam i need to get me some of that.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:14 AM

well, you can do what I did. Just order 100 climate control *****, all in different orders. They don't make boxes small enough, so they pack a big box full of styrofoam peanuts. Then open the split rear window and start dumping the contents in. (Have a friend do this or you'll never get into the cab). Fill it until you are about chest deep and then get ready to race.

Oh... and turn off your vents or you'll look like the worlds largest snow-globe going down the track

Old 09-05-2007, 10:22 AM

The way i kind of see this forum is like a big abondoned building where we get together and meet, kind of like Fight Club, where noone know who own this place, but we are using it anyway, theres a lot of stuff that isnt used, and thats all right because we got free reign on it then, i really kind of like it that way

Old 09-05-2007, 07:07 PM

ORIGINAL: BlackHorse99

The way i kind of see this forum is like a big abondoned building where we get together and meet, kind of like Fight Club, where noone know who own this place, but we are using it anyway, theres a lot of stuff that isnt used, and thats all right because we got free reign on it then, i really kind of like it that way
I like your analogy, except some still don't like to include the minorities i guess. Anyway this bench racing is cool and all, but i like to add cool vids to make all this more entertaining and to back my words. There has to ton's of good vid's of modded trucks running times on tracks to prove other's claims not? We can all gain alot from facts, but waste our time on exaggerations. Just got to keep those exaggerations reasonable to keep even the modders guessing weather it's BS or not, lol! My truck hooked great and ran a 12.9 quarter by the way!

Old 09-05-2007, 09:54 PM
TruckForum Addict

ORIGINAL: jaxspellinar

well, you can do what I did. Just order 100 climate control *****, all in different orders. They don't make boxes small enough, so they pack a big box full of styrofoam peanuts. Then open the split rear window and start dumping the contents in. (Have a friend do this or you'll never get into the cab). Fill it until you are about chest deep and then get ready to race.

Oh... and turn off your vents or you'll look like the worlds largest snow-globe going down the track
ROFL!!

It's probably kinda hard find the pedals like that too, LOL!

Old 09-06-2007, 06:15 AM

[/quote]
and i said get a tundra. Wasn't lying and wasn't flaunting it, just trying to be real and funny. Humor gets lost here quickly and defenses go up instantly. I'm sorry if my bold statements offend some, but we are here to learn right? Sometimes the truth hurts but a few are asking so i'll give my experiences were needed. I know i'll get all kinds of heat as i got the only 5.7L Tundra here, so have fun with me and bench race all you want-
[/quote]

I agree with you that this is all for fun but for those of you who have only been here a short while you should look up posts invoving a former member named "bowtie". he went tundra after having some bad luck with his chevy and then plagued or forum for a few months after that picking fights.

personally i find this all entertaining. so welcome everyone. it seems to me that if you are here instead of a tundra site then we must be doing something right!

Old 09-06-2007, 07:38 AM

Well, on the track you only need ONE pedal right? lol

Old 09-06-2007, 08:16 AM

I guess what I have to say is a little off topic if you will but here is my standpoint on the battle of the breeds. I like all kinds of vehicles, foreign or domestic and really don't favor one drastically over another. I just know what I like and know what I want. I bought my truck this January because, if Im gonna drop good money into something its gonna have some ***** without stopping at every gas station I pass. The HEMI (stock vs. stock) would eat my truck, same as a Tundra. The HEMI gets worse gas milage then the others, even the 4.7L (in the Ram). The non-Hemi v-8s in Rams have less then the Silverado anyway. I like the HEMI, but that kinda power comes at about 12mpg. Mine gets 14mpg as listed but I've been getting 16 or better. I could have bought the exact same set-up as I have now in a Ford and get similar gas mileage. I mean it was the same year and everything but it only had 230hp and that is what my modified 91' had. I wanted a little more. I hate to admit that I love the Tundra's but I can't justify the cost, I mean I couldn't even find a Tacoma for around what I paid for my Silverado. Is it worth the money? Yes and No. My mother and father both have 200,000 + miles on 12+ year old Tacomas and are running strong. But every time my father goes to the parts store (although not that often) he drops some serious cash on parts, and that is if he can find them without going through a dealer. Plus they are the Tacomas are too small for what I need. Nissan is a good make, but their trucks aren't exactly worth the cash considering a little more dough could get you the faster, heavier duty Tundra. (Plus I have some issues with the way the drivetrains are set up on the older Nissan pick-ups). I had a GMC, it nickle and dimed me a little more than I wanted but it never let me down and it never left me stranded. Trust me, I beat the hell out of it too! So I come across the Silverado, in my price range, more power then the Ford, better gas milage than the Dodge, bigger then the Tacoma, cheaper then the Tundra and plus the Silverado rides like a freakin Cadillac conpared to others. In owning it for 9 months now, Im convinced I have a good truck and I stand by my decision.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:21 AM

^ I know I screwed up on my spelling. Im on break at work and had to type fast!

....as far as racing trucks......stick a supercharger on your Chevy, you'll eat a Hemi, Tundra and Titan but still be more reliable then the Dodge and you'll have spent less then if you would have bought the Tundra or Titan.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:36 AM
TruckForum Addict

I could of not said it any better. And you are right on gas milage i am not sure what the new yotas get but i know from talking to friends that my 05 gets better gas mileage then dodge, ford and anissan. So thats one high factor in getting my truck.