Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

truckfourms.com

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 02:58 PM
Default RE: truckfourms.com

ORIGINAL: jcbst12

I guess what I have to say is a little off topic if you will but here is my standpoint on the battle of the breeds. I like all kinds of vehicles, foreign or domestic and really don't favor one drastically over another. I just know what I like and know what I want. I bought my truck this January because, if Im gonna drop good money into something its gonna have some ***** without stopping at every gas station I pass. The HEMI (stock vs. stock) would eat my truck, same as a Tundra. The HEMI gets worse gas milage then the others, even the 4.7L (in the Ram). The non-Hemi v-8s in Rams have less then the Silverado anyway. I like the HEMI, but that kinda power comes at about 12mpg. Mine gets 14mpg as listed but I've been getting 16 or better. I could have bought the exact same set-up as I have now in a Ford and get similar gas mileage. I mean it was the same year and everything but it only had 230hp and that is what my modified 91' had. I wanted a little more. I hate to admit that I love the Tundra's but I can't justify the cost, I mean I couldn't even find a Tacoma for around what I paid for my Silverado. Is it worth the money? Yes and No. My mother and father both have 200,000 + miles on 12+ year old Tacomas and are running strong. But every time my father goes to the parts store (although not that often) he drops some serious cash on parts, and that is if he can find them without going through a dealer. Plus they are the Tacomas are too small for what I need. Nissan is a good make, but their trucks aren't exactly worth the cash considering a little more dough could get you the faster, heavier duty Tundra. (Plus I have some issues with the way the drivetrains are set up on the older Nissan pick-ups). I had a GMC, it nickle and dimed me a little more than I wanted but it never let me down and it never left me stranded. Trust me, I beat the hell out of it too! So I come across the Silverado, in my price range, more power then the Ford, better gas milage than the Dodge, bigger then the Tacoma, cheaper then the Tundra and plus the Silverado rides like a freakin Cadillac conpared to others. In owning it for 9 months now, Im convinced I have a good truck and I stand by my decision.

-word

Old 09-06-2007, 09:15 PM
Default RE: truckfourms.com

All I know is my truck is fast, affordable, reliable, and I love it.