Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

well all i jiynxed myself with the truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 07:15 PM
TruckForum Addict
Angry well all i jiynxed myself with the truck

i went to my grandpas house to give him some of our dinner we had tonight
anyway long story short his driveway is at a 35 or 45 degree slope
so when i parked i put it in park like i noramly would
then i get done and ready to leave
i pushed on my brake pedal and tryed shifting into reverse which is really hard to get to go into reverse in any car or truck that parks there
anyway i couldnt get the shift selector to go so i thaught maybe my foot wasnt all the way on the brake so i pressed harder and blam just like that they sunk to the floor and i lost all preasure so i drove home just fine minus the really spongey brakes
park my truck and find that i blew out a brake line on the driverside right next to the fuel tank so im a little peeved about it but that happened means i should play it safe and get all new brake lines all around the truck
so come next paycheck im gonna have tehm repalced casue i dont feel like doing it myself as i will have to drop my tank or pull the bed off

does anyone know where you can buy prebent brakelines for my truck which is a 94 silverado
i know my parts store doesnt carry them
im thinking that if i can get the brakelines cheap and pre bent i may just do it myself if i cant ill have my local mechanic in town do them for an arm and a leg

any suggestions on where to look for pre bent and no im not gonna look in a junkyard as the trucks do have them but proably arent in any better shape then mine are know

Old 06-26-2011, 08:18 PM

try craigslist for people parting out their trucks..

ive found many good parts from people

Old 06-26-2011, 08:20 PM
TruckForum Addict

i will do that or ill try to get some high pressure steel braided lines that will last longer then my truck every will lol

Old 06-26-2011, 08:37 PM

LMCTruck.com

Old 06-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Administrator

Check out your LMC catalog or website.
Just a friendly suggestion the next time you take your truck to grampa's house.
Set your park brake before you put your truck into park.
That way the weight of the truck is on the brakes and not on your park gear.

Good thing it happened in the driveway and not when a little kid jumped out in front of you on the street.

Old 06-26-2011, 08:47 PM
TruckForum Addict

Originally Posted by In2Trux
Check out your LMC catalog or website.
Just a friendly suggestion the next time you take your truck to grampa's house.
Set your park brake before you put your truck into park.
That way the weight of the truck is on the brakes and not on your park gear.

Good thing it happened in the driveway and not when a little kid jumped out in front of you on the street.
i would set my parking brake except the cable is stretched the whole lenght of my truck i think the previous owner put the wrong one on it and yes im glad it happened when i was in the driveway not on the road
so next paycheck is goin to getting new brake lines and parking brake cable installed

Old 06-27-2011, 08:53 PM

if you want i have a step by step guide on how to bend and set up your own brakelines with pictures

Old 06-27-2011, 10:27 PM
TruckForum Addict

@ wiked that would be great i am affraid to bend them as the lines are so small and easy to break but im sure with your how to guide i can do it

i looked in my lmc catalog last night and today at lunch i couldnt find any actaul brake lines that were pre bent they had pre bent fuel lines
what i need is the steel lines that run the lenght of the frame

Old 06-28-2011, 09:52 AM

Hey cp89, I'm sure you can handle that brake line job. You will need some basic bending/cutting/flaring tools, but they should not break the bank and they are good to have around even if you never use them!

Do a google search on "how to bend brake lines" and you will find a ton of info including great youtube videos. I noticed a neat bending tool I've never seen before. Looks like a special pliars. Next time I have to do this, I will try to find that tool. Good Luck!

Gerald

Old 06-28-2011, 06:26 PM
TruckForum Addict

Originally Posted by glterpening
Hey cp89, I'm sure you can handle that brake line job. You will need some basic bending/cutting/flaring tools, but they should not break the bank and they are good to have around even if you never use them!

Do a google search on "how to bend brake lines" and you will find a ton of info including great youtube videos. I noticed a neat bending tool I've never seen before. Looks like a special pliars. Next time I have to do this, I will try to find that tool. Good Luck!

Gerald

thanks i think i can do the bendning its just i have crappy luck when it comes to bending things but i am sure i can do it if i can get my cdl i can bend some lines

Quick Reply: well all i jiynxed myself with the truck