Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

what the hell

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Angry what the hell

Hey guys I'm new to this site and was looking for some opinions about what's goin on with my truck. I have an 89 chevy c1500 with a 350 Tbi 700r4 tranny 10 bolt possi rearend. Love the truck but she keeps giving me ****. After I was driving around today for about an hour she started to act like she was going to die and hitting the pedal there was no response she died shortly after that but started right back up and made it home fine. I also go through a fuel filter a week if I release the pressure by taking the filter off she runs like a champ.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:19 PM

If she keeps dying check your MAF sensor if you have one along with your vacuum lines and your TPS (throttle position sensor).

also if its runs fine without the filter but runs bad with it on your fuel pump may be not pumping the efficient PSI that you need.

Thats all i can think of at the moment

Old 07-05-2011, 06:22 PM
TruckForum Addict

Originally Posted by chevybkc5150
Hey guys I'm new to this site and was looking for some opinions about what's goin on with my truck. I have an 89 chevy c1500 with a 350 Tbi 700r4 tranny 10 bolt possi rearend. Love the truck but she keeps giving me ****. After I was driving around today for about an hour she started to act like she was going to die and hitting the pedal there was no response she died shortly after that but started right back up and made it home fine. I also go through a fuel filter a week if I release the pressure by taking the filter off she runs like a champ.
if it helps i have alot of threads about this as my truck did the same thing when i first baught it
if you read there youll see all what i did to get it running alot better
but not 100% yet as i still need to replace the intake manifold gasket then all the leaks should thereticaly be good

Old 07-05-2011, 06:24 PM

Also here's a list of stuff that's been done. New cap, Rotor,plug wires,plugs,new ignition module,new pick up coil,new fuel filter, new Egr, new throttle body base Gasket, compression test was good , there is a tiny tear in fuel pump screen wich might be why I go through so many filters , all codes have been cleared since all the new sensors I've put in it including temp sensor.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:25 PM

I didn't think it had a MAR being a 89

Old 07-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Thumbs up

I meant MAF sorry

Old 07-05-2011, 07:09 PM

Also had another question when I put the new ignition module on I forgot to put the dielectric grease on it could this cause it to over heat?

Old 07-05-2011, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by chevybkc5150
Also had another question when I put the new ignition module on I forgot to put the dielectric grease on it could this cause it to over heat?

no not really the grease helps keep moisture and debris out also it keeps the connections clean and help give a constant perfect connection and also they wont get stuck together over time

Old 07-05-2011, 08:22 PM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

It sounds fuel related to me. I would get your fuel pressure checked. If that checks out then check the fuel pressure regulator. Also you do need dielectric grease on the ignition control module to keep the heat down.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mr_Shamrock
Also you do need dielectric grease on the ignition control module to keep the heat down.
i learn something new everyday

Quick Reply: what the hell