Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

What you guys think of amsoil?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 08:45 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default What you guys think of amsoil?

I was just wondering what you guys thought of amsoil and if it was worththe money to uses over regular oil. Thanks

Old 01-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Default RE: What you guys think of amsoil?

I've never used it in the truck, but I know lots of people that use it in Harley's and love it.

Old 01-22-2007, 11:25 AM
Beginner

Anyanswer is purely subjective, kind of like asking which color truck is the fastest.Mainly because most individuals do not have their waste oil tested and driving conditions are not controlable enoughto keep it identically the same from one test change to another. I do use it in my Yamaha RSWarrior but that is because it also works well with the wet clutch and does not cause slippingas reported by a few Warriorowners who usedMobil 1. While othersswearby Mobil 1 and use nothing else. I have had no issues with my motorcycle, like the performance, but also have notran it in my truck. I just change the oil more frequently andusenon-synthetic oils. There's a lot of information on the Amsoil site about comparisons but that too is also part of the marketing of the product so itis open to subjectivity.

Old 02-05-2007, 03:31 PM

I love it! I use it in all my motorcycles, on and off road, my lawnmower and all my cars. My blazer has 160,000 miles and never burns or leaks a drop, it runs cooler and starts easier in the cold winters(-20 last night)and the extended drain times makes service easier. But Moto is exactly right, oil is one of those things that you will have a hard time convincing others of you opinion. I do know that their Oil Filters are about the best you can get, that's based on testing. If anyone can recall the website that ran tests on air and oil filters post it please, it was very telling (Delco was the best for air, beleive it or not). The only reason I can think of to not use it is if your engine leaks or burns oil already, as it will be a waste of money... the thinner oil will come out easier.
One thing to keep in mind is that most manufacturers are suggestinglonger drain times now anyway, even for conventional oil. VW uses 10,000miles or 12 months, some others are in the 7500 range.
I personally swear by it!

Old 06-18-2007, 07:27 PM
TruckForum Addict

Hey guys i posted this awhile back and was wanting some more feedback since we have new people around here. Thanks

Old 06-18-2007, 09:20 PM

There is a massive amount of reading on line if you Google "AMSOIL". This is one of the sites that convinced me to switch. I don't really think it's subjective - I think the tests speak for themselves.

click here

Old 06-18-2007, 10:30 PM

I run amsoil in my 2006 Yamaha grizzly 660 and love it in their. I havn't run it in my truck yet I probably will next time though. My Friend uses it in their tactors on the farm because they get like twice the useage out of amsoil, thats why I switched.