Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

When are you going to be done with your truck?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 12:17 AM
Default When are you going to be done with your truck?

My wife asked me this question about 10 minutes ago ...I looked at her with a deer-in-the-headlight-look. LOL

What kind of question is that? Help me out here! lol

Old 08-22-2007, 06:39 AM
TruckForum Addict
Default RE: When are you going to be done with your truck?

ROFL! My friend asks me that all the time. I almost always have one more item on the list to replace the one I just checked off, LOL! I "think" for me atleast, once I have my ECU tune, I'll be done under the hood. It's already fast enough for me but I just wanna get the tune. As for the truck itself, I think a nice grill, and some Altezza clear tail lights and I'll be done there. I wanna lower it and get some ncie rims but I have a perfectly good 95 Z28 beckoning. I plan to start saving money to rebuild the tranny in it as soon as I get these things. Hopefully I can start saving by Nov/Dec and have the money I need by Feb/Mar. I haven't been able to drive this thing since like March so I'm kinda having withdrawals.

Old 08-22-2007, 08:11 AM

Every modification I make, I find about 3 or 4 more I want to do. The best part is my girl doesn't care as long as I keep working on her car too.

Old 08-22-2007, 08:58 AM

I agree with that, my wife just sorta shrugs and looks at her car (2000 Grand Prix). So I do something to hers to make her feel better.
Luckily on her car, she's happy with a seat cover or a new floor mat. Simple (i.e. cheap) things. Not to say that I'm not going to do things on that car between mods on my truck...

Old 08-22-2007, 09:11 AM

The bad thing for me is that she doesn't want me touching "her" cars ...she wants to leave them completely stock.

And I agree ...everytime I do 1 mod, I find 4 other mods I want to do.

And Charger, I don't understand the statement "fast enough" ...I don't speak a foreign language....please translate. lol

Old 08-22-2007, 09:17 AM

Well, I can't do much to hers, it's a Grand Prix, I could probably make it leave great big black lines on the road if I had the money. But she'd probably just put it into a tree again....

Old 08-22-2007, 09:38 AM

Again? ROFL ....If that's the case, take that engine out and put a pinto motor in it. heh

Old 08-22-2007, 09:47 AM

Well, honestly she mostly drove over a REALLY big bush. Messed up the front end and cleaned the rust off the bottom of the frame. The tow truck driver did more damage pulling the car off the tree than she did putting it in.

Luckily for other unsuspecting drivers, she uprooted the tree/bush. It'll never hurt anyone again.

Tree damage: New Fenders, grill, repainted hood, right front wheel well plastic
Tow Truck driver damage: Drivers mirror, left rear axel, right rear wheel well plastic

If she had been driving my old '94. She could have just backed out.

Old 08-22-2007, 09:59 AM

I may never be done. But I will be happy when the lift, gears, cam, tune, supercharer are done, and I can outrun the porche that a guy who works for me drives.

Old 08-22-2007, 10:02 AM

You might not out run him, but you can roll over him.

Quick Reply: When are you going to be done with your truck?