Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Where would you take your truck?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 08:30 PM
Default Where would you take your truck?

If you had a nice chunk of change sitting idly by, a week off work, and a glimmer in your eye, where would you like to take your truck?

I have a few places in mind across the country that I wouldn't mind checking out.

(In no particular order)
[ul][*]Wild Horses, Eastern WA[/ul]

This place is pretty sweet. It's just off the I-90 corridor near the Columbia river. This monument stands atop a steeply sloped hill, overlooking the vast rolling desert of Eastern WA, and offers a beautiful vista of the river. I have no idea how I'd get my truck up there, but I believe it would require traction tires and a winch.
[ul][*]Pike's Peak,CO[*]Niagra Falls, NY[*]Hudson Bay, Canada[*]Death Valley, CA[*]Grand Canyon, AZ[/ul]
A few others, but you get the jist of what I'm saying. I'd just love to have a few pictures of Major Silva sitting right in the middle of that kind of scenery.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Default RE: Where would you take your truck?

Pikes peak for sure and Id like to run the dragon I know its not a sports car but ive done the dragon in my Saturn twice and just love it. If I did it in my truck I might be able to enjoy the view because I wouldnt be trying to go as fast as I can. Here is a map

Name:  poster2005.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  99.3 KB

Old 04-12-2008, 12:12 AM
TruckForum Addict

If my truck was a 5 speed, lowered, had a custom tune, and much grippier/sportier tires on it, it would be a close call between Laguna Seca and Nurburgring.(I know this isn't what you had in mind Major but my truck is a 4x2 so I can't really take it anywhere offroad.)

Old 04-12-2008, 12:27 AM

i definitely want to see the grand canyon... i love driving through the ozarks looking at the scenery (just not lately because of my non-operational power steering lol)

Old 04-12-2008, 12:25 PM

Up in to Montana and Wyoming for the best damn Fly Fishing tour you have ever seen. The grand canyon and niagra falls would be pretty awsome to. I would also like to go to the thousand lakes region, and into the Yukon for some hella good pike and lake trout fishing. There wasa show on the outdoor chanle last night they were catching like 40 pound lake trout, and 20 pound pike it was a dream come true. I would also love to drive down to the coast and do some bone fishing.

Old 04-12-2008, 05:38 PM

Glacier National park in Montana is probably the most gorgeous country side you could ever hope to set your eyes on. Next would be Yellowstone. I haven't been to either in 10 years or so, but I sure as hell want to go back.

W00t. Summer is coming up, and Major's gonna have some miles put on him. I'll take lots of pictures for you guys.

Old 04-13-2008, 07:31 PM

MajorSilva I want to take my truck to your house and drink some beers!!!

Old 04-13-2008, 08:20 PM

where would be some nice places within 5 hours of Memphis, TN? im only 19 so cash would be an issue. somewhere to camp would be awesome.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:25 PM

ozarks...i recommend around greers ferry lake. manmade lake run by the army corps of engineers... theres a few nice campsites on different parts of the lake, its about a 3-4 hour drive from memphis

Old 04-13-2008, 11:49 PM

There's beer in the fridge waiting for you Steve.

Back on topic: This thread needs pictures Goddamnit. Either take some, or steal 'em from Google, whatever, just post.

I want to see these places you speak of.

Quick Reply: Where would you take your truck?