Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Who else parks like an A-hole?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 02:26 AM
Default Who else parks like an A-hole?

I gotta tell you, it's becoming more and more of a habit nowadays for me to park my truck in such a way that other motorists question my sanity.

For example, when I pull into a parking spot edged by a sidewalk/planter box/drainage ditch...etc, I just feel compelled to pull up and over the damn thing. Planter boxes are the most fun for me, because every bit of 'off roading' I get to participate in is pure gold.

My rural area is purely to blame. A guy can't swing a dead cat around here without finding a perfect place to park like a man. No tickets have been issued in my name yet, but I feel it is only days away.

Who else? I'll be placated if only one person admits to it as well.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:40 AM
Default RE: Who else parks like an A-hole?

When I was in ND I would park how ever I wanted, on a curb, snow piles, other cars, and any other way amaginable. I was also a whole lot younger feeling then and didn't care what people said or did to try and stop me. What is with all the wierd questions from you? Are you looking for more justification for what you do in your truck?

Old 03-14-2008, 11:00 AM

I used to a lot when i had my older truck that was lifted and had big tires. No-a-days I still do to and extent. But then again I practically own the town i live in so nobody says anything to me. haha Its a really small town.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:00 AM

Good to see you again Major!! I was wondering what ever happen to you I just thought you fond a better site and forgot about us. I park my truck funky all the time but what im more into lately is leaving places in weired ways or directions like my sisters she lives in a trailer park. Its a nice one tho LOL the people are real snobby like there ****ing rich or something. Anyway her drive way is on the side so I drive thew the neighbors yard around the back to park in the drive way. One night I did a slalom around like 6 trailers.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:07 PM

You'll get stupid questions from me from time to time. I rarely have anything of substance to contribute to any intelligent discussion, as most discussions here are of a technical/mechanical background and I have less than the appropriate amount of knowledge neccesary for such an occasion.

I'm trying to liven things up around here. I keep seeing the same 5 questions posted over and over and over again. Reruns on TV are one thing, reruns on a discussion forum are entirely another.

I thought that my question might strike home with other truck owners/enthusiasts, hence why I asked it. : )

There's a kind of mentality, a certain mindset, that takes over when you hop behind the wheel of a pickup truck. (Large/full sizepickup) It's as if you're seeing the road and the paths beyond it almost for the first time. Doors of opportunity swing open, and the glimmer of 'I can' sparkles in your eyes.

The closest comparison I can make between 'us' and any other group is Jeep owners. They can, and do, take it a step further but the basis of 'road theory' is the same.

W00t!

Old 03-14-2008, 04:26 PM

Yeah I do it too... I'll take up 2 spots sometimes, or park on the curb whatever. My best was taking up 4 spots in a parking lot, I got a few dirty looks for that, but it wasn't that busy anyway.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:44 PM

+1
Especially @ walmart!! How the hell else are you supposed to get in and out of yer truck? I always use 2 spots and park far away from the doors.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:34 PM

Let's spread the word... March 15th is 'Park like a Man Day'. Painted lines mean nothing to us on this day!

Old 03-14-2008, 09:02 PM

HELL YEAH IM IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! **** THE LINES Im thinking outside the lines

WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Old 03-14-2008, 11:17 PM

Take a few tips from these guys. They know how to park like real men.

Quick Reply: Who else parks like an A-hole?