Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Wierd Leak on floor mat!!??!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 11:47 PM
Default Wierd Leak on floor mat!!??!?!?!

Hey everyone Im new to the site and can see that i should love it here! Well to get to the point I just got a '97 extended cab Z71 it is SUPER clean and have had it only a week but twice now have noticed a slow dripping coming from under the passenger side dash. Now it is NOT the heater core because the color is clear and it has no smell to it. WATER! and yes it is raining today and the day that i first saw it. But what is really strange is that it will only drip out for about five minutes of so and then stop, and it will still be raining hard. But why would it start to drip out when i go to drive home and it has been rainig hard all day? without havin a soaked mat? I let it sit when i got home and then drove it around and found no leak! What in the H@ll is goin' on anyone ever heard of this? PLEASE help!

CHRIS

Old 05-21-2005, 01:51 AM
Default RE: Wierd Leak on floor mat!!??!?!?!

We had a passenger side leak between the hood and cowl grille. They had to recaulk at the cowl grille and firewall panel....Then the windshield starting leaking. Good Luck. Oh 1998 Chevy Silverado 1500.

Old 06-18-2005, 12:41 AM

i had the same problem with my '95 silverado. it was the a/c, we fixed it and it cured the problem and the leakage. we only had a few ounces of water dripping, not a "soaked" floor mat.

Old 11-21-2005, 02:00 AM

Well I did find the problem...I removed the cowl screw that hold down the black plastic on the pass. side and put some sealer on them no more leak hope this helps out some to others...oh all you Chevy and GMC guys out there check out www.fullsizechevy.com great site!

Old 02-26-2006, 01:31 PM

I have the same thing going on but no answer... Mine seems associated with A/C

Old 08-05-2006, 07:48 PM

I have heard that if the AC drain is clogged it can back up and drain into the interior. Does it only happen when you run the AC? Just a thought... GOOD LUCK...

Old 11-10-2006, 05:00 AM

IMPORTANT ->>>Please see "DeX-Cool - Get Rid of it Post," - What you’re describing is all in there. ACs, Trannys and Heaters (fans, hoses and power on) are also affected by the Dex-Cool problem. The Lawsuits describe the 4.3 as the major problem engine. This is in fact that it has been out longer. There are over 50,000 documented cases from 99' of the 5.3 having the very same issues. Most people just let the Dlrshps beat on them when they say "you're," the problem, not the Dex-Cool. It is worth calling enough shops until you find one who knows about the problem, then after getting everything fixed, filing a small claims lawsuit for damages. The fact that Dex-Cool has done so much damage so far will stack the deck in your favor. Courts already know that dlrshps are the last one to admit fault. Just having paperwork to back your claim is enough. Never give up, keep fighting. I flush my entire system from Radiator -> rear end every year no matter and even my reservoir showed signs of deposits in the form of a ring around the inside.
Greek