Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/)
-   -   Window tint (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-forum-11/window-tint-6241/)

irving10 02-18-2008 03:19 PM

RE: Window tint

I went pro because it was worth it for the quality and no frustration, though from reading this I think I may have overpaid. Either way, MD's law for front windows is 35. I got 20 all around and it's dark enough to look good and keep some sun out, but doesn't seem to be dark enough to draw attention from the authorities.

popo 02-18-2008 07:42 PM

the idea is that if i can see an a profile of the people in the car when you pass me, i am not going to give you a second thought. but if you are speeding by and i stop you for that, I, not all, I, will test your tint and write you the cheaper tint ticket and not the speed.

A safe bet is to use what your home state says is legal, they are usually pretty close to each other from state to state. I never wrote anyone unless it was 10% or less or they had a bad attitude. the thing to remember is that your windows already have a tint to them that is around 70 - 80% from the glass manufacturer them selves.

jcbst12 02-18-2008 07:47 PM

Sooooo technically if I came quickly strolling through your town I can drop your name and get out of a slight speeding ticket? lol Just kidding.

popo 02-19-2008 07:04 AM

you are more than welcome to try it! however, i haven't been a raod toad for about 5 years now and i have all but disapeared from the minds of the fire breathing rookies! in this agency, when you move to a specialty unit, you seem to disappear and every one thinks you are an old timer!

rxsteven 02-19-2008 10:48 AM

I can see it now

The officer says you know how fast you were going?

yes sir but I know Popo!

You know who?

Popo!

OK sir please step out of the car have you been drinking or smoking crack?

No sir I know Popo from the computer.

Boy we dont take to kindly to youre kind around here.

but I know Popo from the forums!!

knoxy 02-19-2008 12:18 PM

thats pretty funny!
lol!
I KNOW POPO!!!! NOOOOOOO!!![:@]

hunt4game29 02-19-2008 09:31 PM

I have 5% on the front two and factory on the rest but i am about to get the rest to match the 5%. It is a little dark at night to back up but i just put the window down if i am backing up.

rxsteven 02-19-2008 09:37 PM

Youre back window go's down?

hunt4game29 02-19-2008 09:45 PM

No sorry i put my side window down and use my mirror. Who looks backward you look at your mirror when you back:D

uscghalle 02-19-2008 10:10 PM

I bought my truck with the tints, and it's 15% all around. I went to get it inspected and they said it didn't pass, because legal here is 35% or 40% (something like that). The lady helped me out though, she let me come back with my windows down and never rolled them up! I have been here for about 10 months, and have not gotten stopped yet (hope I don't regret this post lol), but my windows are usually always down when I drive anyway.