Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Wiper issues 2003 silverado

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Default Wiper issues 2003 silverado

First time on this forum, but it seemed like there were a lot of Chevy Truck experts, that may be able to offer some advice on this little issue. I have a 2003 K2500 HD w/Duramax-Allison drivetrain. I first found the problem when I attempted to wash the windshield. The wipers would not turn off. The intermittant wipers do not function as needed. If you turn the wipers on, the speed selection part of the switch works fine. I assume that is something in a relay or circuit board. The wipers are just intent on running. Does anyaone have any experience with this problem? How do you repair it? What's the cost? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Greg

Old 03-23-2009, 07:54 PM

don't remember exactly but if u have to turn the truck off to get the wipers to stop then it is either the motor or the connection on the motor.
dont know if it is the same on chevys but i used to spend alot of time on hondas and this was the case.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by WALLSGS
First time on this forum, but it seemed like there were a lot of Chevy Truck experts, that may be able to offer some advice on this little issue. I have a 2003 K2500 HD w/Duramax-Allison drivetrain. I first found the problem when I attempted to wash the windshield. The wipers would not turn off. The intermittant wipers do not function as needed. If you turn the wipers on, the speed selection part of the switch works fine. I assume that is something in a relay or circuit board. The wipers are just intent on running. Does anyaone have any experience with this problem? How do you repair it? What's the cost? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Greg

I have the same issue on my 89 silverado... been going on for over a year now and can't figure it out!!! i tried checking the connection at the steering wheel, the connection at the motor... nothing so someone mentioned to me to switch the motor.. i did.. nothing.... i have traced and replaced everything from the wheel to the wiper motor expect the wiring and the wiper switch... still not working... next step is to find a steering wheel puller and replace the switch... if thats not it ... im done...lol

if u end up finding a fix.. let me know..

Old 04-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

I am not sure on the newer Duramax, but the 89 truck is the circuit board inside the wiper module. I have replaced a bunch of them. The contacts inside get corroded. There have been times when I pulled it out and cleaned the contacts with electrical cleaner and it worked for a while, but the new board is only around $20.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:17 PM

Here is a link to the part I am talking about on eBay...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GM-CH...Q5fAccessories

Old 04-07-2009, 07:27 PM

Actually I just noticed the eBay item says 1988-2005 so that should be your issue too. Hope that helps.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mr_Shamrock
I am not sure on the newer Duramax, but the 89 truck is the circuit board inside the wiper module. I have replaced a bunch of them. The contacts inside get corroded. There have been times when I pulled it out and cleaned the contacts with electrical cleaner and it worked for a while, but the new board is only around $20.
Ill have to check that again... i replaced it once with no luck.... but at this point anything is worth a try.