Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Which would be the best to get?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 04:52 PM
Beginner
Default Which would be the best to get?

I have a 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 v8 5.3L. First of all I need to know if it is better to get true dual exhaust or single in dual out exhaust? The only difference I know between the two is that true dual cost a lot more. Now I was wondering if I should get: Cherry Bomb Xtreme, Flowmaster Super 44, or the Flowmaster super 10? I want it to sound loud.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:55 PM

duel pipe no cats cherrybombs

Old 05-09-2011, 10:00 PM
Administrator

Yeah !!! What Ghostpopi said
Cherrybomb... Disturbing the peace for over 40 years (or something like that) LOL

Old 05-10-2011, 08:16 AM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

Yuck, there goes all your torque. You really want to be another one of of those guys that sounds like he is doing 80 when he is just creeping down the road? Annoying!!! There is no need for true duals on an otherwise stock truck. It will actually harm your performance. I vote for a dual in single out Magnaflow muffler with a nice clean replacement tip. They sound great, aren't super loud in the cab, and will actually help performance. Flowmaster's can be used in the same manner, but they have that resonance that personally gets on my nerves inside the cab. Good luck either way!

Old 05-10-2011, 12:07 PM

I'm with Shamrock with the exception of, a single in/dual out with a pair of subtle stainless tips. I just like the look!

Old 05-10-2011, 12:08 PM
TruckForum Addict

Single in Dual out. True duals on a stock truck is not good. You will loose to much back pressure like Shamrock said.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:10 PM
TruckForum Addict

my opinion i like the first idea not cats and in place of them cherry bombs or thrush and no muffler straight pipe it
my 05 crown vic 4.6 l police interceptor has the true dual
i cut the cats off put in the thrush tubes left the mufflers aint had time to get to muffler shop to get pipe bent yet it sounds nice and i freed up my exsaust after removing the cats i found they were pluged bad also my buddys dad said they were plugged i looked itthere hardley wasnt any fumes flowing tru also i felt for the preasure also my cars a little better on gas milage too im gettin 25-30 highway after i did that
my 88 chevy scottsdale has a cherry bomb in palce of the cat and a down tube right after the i baught it that way its not true dual planing on getting it done thow

Old 05-20-2011, 01:51 PM

im not sure if im too late on this matter but ill post anyway. as far as exaust goes it all depends on what your after. if your after the 60's sound and snap go with glass packs though cherrybombs are a far cry from the best. if you want the rumble of todays muscle you need the chambered style mufflers, but fyi flowmaster has lost ground in todays applications, they no longer flow enough for the "small cubic inch/ high flow" engines that are manufactured today. ive wasted money on every brand mentioned in this thread and have been severly disappointed, but im running a 6.0 instead of a 5.3. i ran sraight out of the cats for awhile and loved it. but i was getting ready for a trip to minnesota and they are harsh on exaust laws. i put on 2 moroso spiral flow mufflers and am completely satisfied. they have a nice rumble, sound, and overall loudness while still being legal in most states (not minnesota but they will never know). hope this helps let me know what you decide or already have decided on.