Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

YES!!! Finally got a truck!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 10:38 PM
Default YES!!! Finally got a truck!

It's a white '96 k1500 with a 5.7L V8 in it. It's got dual exhaust and new brakes were just put on it. 122k miles. Has a slight problem with the ignition, I gotta pull the ignition out a little in order to be able to turn it. One of the running boards is rusted out (left side), so there are a couple problems with it but MAN do I love this thing already!

I'll try and get some pics up soon.

-Lightning

P.S.- beats the hell outta my mom's toyota matrix and my dad's mazda5

Old 09-20-2007, 06:42 AM
Default RE: YES!!! Finally got a truck!

cool..welcome to the club!

Old 09-20-2007, 06:57 AM

Welcome to the forum! It looks like your ignition switch needs replaced and as far as the runnings boards go, pitch em out. Nerf bars are better.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:16 AM

Like my cousin said to me when I got my truck ...it's about time that you got a man's vehicle. lol

Welcome aboard!

Old 09-20-2007, 04:54 PM

Get that ignition fixed, then get on some mods. Welcome.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:14 PM

glad you finally decided on one man, hope you like it (but im sure you will, those trucks are awesome)

Old 09-20-2007, 11:07 PM

Yeah we (dad and I) brought it to the shop tonight, it'll be done (hopefully) tomorrow. The RPM guage was also not working correctly. I will get pics when I can.

lol my reading material at night will be the owner's manual.

-Lightning

Old 09-21-2007, 10:59 PM

Ok, so the ignition is fixed, they changed out a rear brake light, they changed the air filter, and also did something to the oil filter i think? (Yeah, I'll have to look).

Well low and behold, I was at a friend's house and it started drizzling a little. I get in the truck and start the engine and the check engine light is on and it's shaking a little bit, then I drive around, check engine light is still on but no more shake.

Also, when the gas tank was between 1/4 and E, (of premium gas) I filled it 25 gallons of 87 octane. (this was on the day i got it.)

anybody got any input? the dudes at the shop mentioned getting the transmission fluid changed, and my dad recommended an oil change.

this is where I wish I was like you guys rofl.

-LS

Old 09-22-2007, 06:58 AM

What kind of shake, like an engine miss, or does it feel more in the drive train? does it do it sitting still or just when moving?

Old 09-22-2007, 09:13 AM

ORIGINAL: smoke20

What kind of shake, like an engine miss, or does it feel more in the drive train? does it do it sitting still or just when moving?
It did it while sitting still. I don't know what you mean by engine miss vs. drive train, but the engine did have a little trouble catching.

-LS

Quick Reply: YES!!! Finally got a truck!