Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

YES!!! Finally got a truck!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 10:36 AM
Default RE: YES!!! Finally got a truck!

lol so I went out to take pics of the truck. And guess what? The check engine light is now off! LOL. And the tachometer started to work again ROFL. I love this thing already. I'll post pics up a little bit later.

-LS

Old 09-22-2007, 11:03 AM

Here she is:

-LS

Old 09-22-2007, 12:44 PM

So when I was shooting the video, I was at a park nearby and revved the engine really loud. Well I go home (bout a 30 second drive) and about 5 minutes later a cop car goes onto my street, goes to the cul-de-sac in front of my place and turns around. My guess is some little panzy called the cops because of the loud revving because cops never EVER come down my street unless something's wrong.

Good day to you all.

Should I be worried that I've traveled 80 miles (with lots of revving the engine) and the gas guage hasn't moved? It's still on full!

Old 09-24-2007, 10:37 AM

If your truck is still shaking I'd look at doing a little tune-up on her and clean out a few things like the throttle body. The gas thing is a GM trait with gas tanks. If you fill her up all the way it takes a about 50 to prob 80 miles before it shows up on the guage. It just because the gas is well above the float when you fill up the tank to the top (when the gas pump shuts off).

Old 09-24-2007, 07:30 PM

Nah, shaking hasn't happened anymore.

-LS

Old 09-24-2007, 08:00 PM

with the engine running hose it down with water is it runs diffrent or you probly hear the arching of wire change them

Old 09-25-2007, 07:43 PM

Dude, I would not put water on my engine like that. Just inspect the wires manually if you suspect a problem there. Then you can try removing one at a time with truck running ot see if there is a change in the way it runs. Also you can take it to autozone and get it scanned for free to see what the check engine light was.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:54 PM

yes Auto Zone and Advance Auto Parts have code readers they will use on your truck for free. Sometimes the people that work in those places are idiots tho. I have used their code readers many, many times at many different stores. They can read and clear trouble codes and it only takes 30 seconds for the whole process. A couple of those guys tried telling me its illegal for them to use it on my truck and they will be fined $100,000 or some other BS....if they say that just tell them to shutup and do it anyway.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:43 AM

I used to work at Advance Auto, your right they are easy to use. The company was getting (before I left) paranoid as hell and they told us not to clear codes because people were getting them cleared and then getting their vehicles inspected (emissions). They found a loophole in the PA emissions rules. No vehicle is to be tested on emissions if the engine light is on and they need it to stay off for 24hrs after they reset it (i think) before they can test it. Plus they had people trying to get money out of us cause we would tell them what the code meant and they would get jacked off when they fixed what THEY THOUGHT was causing the problem and the light came back on anyway. Advance Auto is trying to steer clear of the idiots is all. (Plus I worked with some real geniuses there too).