Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Your thoughts on these bolt ons

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Default Your thoughts on these bolt ons

(05 1500 5.3L) Alright so im running out of options when it comes to not so expensive bolt ons. Currently performance wise I have....k&N intake, throttle body spacer, shorty headers, catback exhuats, and a superchip. I am looking to see what else is worth my while when it comes to some more horsepower. Whats do you guys think? I am not trying to drop 5k+ on a supercharged or turbo kit lol although it would be nice. I was looking a a new mass air flow sensor, a new thermostat, maybe some better spark plug wires, and maybe som new coil packs. I would love to throw a cam in but I dont know how well it would perform on a daily driver, especialy when it comes to towing. Please help! Thanks guys

Old 05-07-2008, 09:41 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default RE: Your thoughts on these bolt ons

ORIGINAL: straightcrazychevy

(05 1500 5.3L) Alright so im running out of options when it comes to not so expensive bolt ons. Currently performance wise I have....k&N intake, throttle body spacer, shorty headers, catback exhuats, and a superchip. I am looking to see what else is worth my while when it comes to some more horsepower. Whats do you guys think? I am not trying to drop 5k+ on a supercharged or turbo kit lol although it would be nice. I was looking a a new mass air flow sensor, a new thermostat, maybe some better spark plug wires, and maybe som new coil packs. I would love to throw a cam in but I dont know how well it would perform on a daily driver, especialy when it comes to towing. Please help! Thanks guys
I would throw everything I highlighted in red out of the list of future mods. What I recommend, considering your list of current mods, is a good custom tune from someone reputable like Nelson Performance or Charlie Wheatley. I think Wheatley's tunes are a bit cheaper than Nelson's but sometimes he has a problem with responding to e-mails. A custom tune is gonna be your best bang for the buck mod at this point though. So far everyone on here whom I've talked to that had a custom tune was thoroughly pleased with the difference in power. Check out www.gowheatley.com to start off with.

Good luck.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:00 PM

Ya, I get my custom tune done tomarrow by MTI and the Superchips goes by by. I will let you know how much of a difference it makes.............

Old 05-07-2008, 10:23 PM

*Shakes fist at all owners of electronically modulated trucks*

I'm putting aside one paycheck a month now for my truck fund. By the end of summer I ought to have enough to tackle all I want to do.

I still haven't put aside the thought of the flat black paint.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:14 AM

Sweet I will look into that. There is a performance shop right down the road from me that I hear does preaty good work, do you think they would be worthy of tuning it up for me? Also, im going to remove my factory midpipe today and take it and have an exact replica done with 3" tubing and no cats. Thanks for the suggestions guys and keep em coming!