Commercial Trucks Semi-Trailers, Box Trucks... Any commercial trucks.

My company work truck w/ roof rack

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 10:09 AM
Smile My company work truck w/ roof rack

My company bought me a new work truck yesterday. A 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 crew cab.

It’s a full size truck, but oddly has a v6 engine. This should help on gas, considering how much I have to travel. My main concern is with the capabilities of the engine, will it be able to perform day to day typical work tasks.

As far as looks, the truck looks amazing. I already added a tool box and a roof rack, and am ready to get to work, and inspect some roofs. The interior is also very nice for a commercial work truck. Overall, I’m thrilled to have this truck. I just hope the v6 performs at a high level.

Attached Thumbnails My company work truck w/ roof rack-companytruck1.jpg   My company work truck w/ roof rack-truck2.jpg  
Old 12-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by Henri
My company bought me a new work truck yesterday. A 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 crew cab.

It’s a full size truck, but oddly has a v6 engine. This should help on gas, considering how much I have to travel. My main concern is with the capabilities of the engine, will it be able to perform day to day typical work tasks.

As far as looks, the truck looks amazing. I already added a tool box and a roof rack, and am ready to get to work, and inspect some roofs. The interior is also very nice for a commercial work truck. Overall, I’m thrilled to have this truck. I just hope the v6 performs at a high level.
That's a good looking truck! I agree with you that the 215 horsepower on that 3.6L could be a bit disappointing under load, but perhaps its torque makes up for it? I couldn't find torque figures, so I don't know.

The gas mileage seems to be the main advantage there, and for most tasks, that's going to be far more important than raw hauling capability. The V6 was probably a good business move.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:02 AM
Administrator

Congrats on your new office.
Be gentle to the go peddle and keep the tire pressures up and filters clean and it will serve you and your boss well

Old 02-26-2013, 05:57 PM

Well, ive pulled some pretty big loads with a inline six. Even though the V6 wont come close in tourqe it should still do pretty well for a work truck. I had a Chevy with a 4.3L V6 and it would pull anything my 5.3 will pull but just not as fast.