Dodge/ Ram 1500 Forum Discuss the Dodge Ram and Ram 1500 here.

My very first ram

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 06:54 AM
Default My very first ram

Let's see a little about me... Ive always loved trucks and wanted a Ram for a while now. 20 years old and just got to the point where i could purchase one. Now i go to Iraq July 6 and want to make my truck my dream vehicle.

2003 Dodge Ram 38K miles.. 5.9L V8.
Current plans are to purchase
[ul][*]cold air intake[*]throttle body spacer[*]tonneau cover[*]dual exhaust[/ul]If anybody has input on other performance/looks parts let me know. Im going to try to post pictures as i get new stuff.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Default RE: My very first ram

I think the listed mods are good options for your truck.

Brand and style are just some of things that you need to consider to come up with great result.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:50 AM

Consider purchasing some nice tires and pretty decent lift for your Dodge Ram...
Hope to see pics from your truck soon...

Old 03-20-2009, 10:15 PM
Default my first ram also!

ive really fallen in love with my 1999 ram. i put alot into it already- new halogen headlights, tires, cold-air intake, remote start and alarm, dual exhaust, and a radio system. i just recently took it off roading, and since then its been acting up really bad, any ideas why?

Old 04-03-2009, 05:03 AM
Default My very first ram

It is so wonderful to think that your dream is almost coming to materialize!!!Yes dodge ram is wonderful...look in for lots of internet help and then hook on the right stuff...lo in for good tyres.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:34 PM

i wouldn't really get the throttle body spacer it does nothing just a paper wait id get a bigger throttle body 52mm throw on an open air element and 10 t stat

Old 05-08-2009, 09:42 AM

Yeah, Nice one

Old 05-11-2009, 10:36 AM

Think about good all-weather tires, they're quite useful in RAM.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by mtuck89
Let's see a little about me... Ive always loved trucks and wanted a Ram for a while now. 20 years old and just got to the point where i could purchase one. Now i go to Iraq July 6 and want to make my truck my dream vehicle.

2003 Dodge Ram 38K miles.. 5.9L V8.
Current plans are to purchase
[ul][*]cold air intake[*]throttle body spacer[*]tonneau cover[*]dual exhaust[/ul]If anybody has input on other performance/looks parts let me know. Im going to try to post pictures as i get new stuff.
Nice, how do you like it? A 2003 with only 38K? Man, that's pretty sweet! From your mod list it looks like you want a dual exhaust. One of mty buddys has a 2004 single cab Hemi, and he said that he regrets getting the duals. Only because it slowed him down by 2 tenths. I asked my local performance ex. shop, and they said the same thing. For some reason the hemi's don't like the duals. I think a chip and a nice cam will really wake it up.
Terry

Old 06-07-2009, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by 1 fast ss
Nice, how do you like it? A 2003 with only 38K? Man, that's pretty sweet! From your mod list it looks like you want a dual exhaust. One of mty buddys has a 2004 single cab Hemi, and he said that he regrets getting the duals. Only because it slowed him down by 2 tenths. I asked my local performance ex. shop, and they said the same thing. For some reason the hemi's don't like the duals. I think a chip and a nice cam will really wake it up.
Terry
I actually heard something more along the lines of wanting to actually restrict the Hemis a little more than what factory gives. But, the guy talking was talking about the Real Hemis from way back in the day.

Btw, Good luck over there bud! And Thank You!

Quick Reply: My very first ram