Dodge/ Ram General Tech Dodge tech talk within.

1983 dodge w 150

Old 05-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2
Default 1983 dodge w 150

I bought a 1983 Dodge w 150 pickup,the truck came with a slant six.I want to put a 318 in the truck and wanted to see if someone could tell me what direction to go about this.Need to know if the newer model 318 will work or will i need to find the older type.Isit possible to convert this old truck over to the fuel injection like the newer models have?Thanks for the replies in advance!I have a good mechanic to do the work just need to know where to get started before looking.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:13 AM
Worf's Avatar
Ford and Dodge Truck Forum Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 862

if I remember right to convert to fuel injection you will need a computer a PCM/ECM or whatever it is that dodge uses to manage the fuel injection system.
Related Topics
Thread Starter
Last Post
Classic Trucks
07-11-2012 06:51 AM
Dodge/ Ram 1500 Forum
08-07-2011 10:12 PM
Vehicles for Sale
12-01-2007 10:51 PM
Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum
02-23-2007 01:20 PM
Ford Ranger/ Mazda B-Series
06-25-2005 10:55 PM

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1983 dodge w 150

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to and affiliated sites.