Ford F-150 Forum Discuss the Ford F-150 here.

Personal Experience Questions about the Ford F-150 for Storage Design

Old 09-11-2017, 12:43 AM
Bun
Beginner
Default Personal Experience Questions about the Ford F-150 for Storage Design

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I came into this forum to seek the help of you truck enthusiasts!

To be honest, I do not know much about pick-up trucks at the moment. My classmates and I have been tasked to come up with storage space designs for specific pick-up truck beds (we are product design students), which include that of the Ford F-150.

I have a few questions I'm interested in getting feedback on. The questions below are targeted towards people who own a F-150, but if you have experience or knowledge about these trucks as well, please feel free to add to this thread!

1. Why did you decide to get this pick-up truck as opposed to others? If you are comfortable doing so, please give a little background about yourself (I mainly want to know to get an idea of the demographic of people that buy these specific trucks, not to be a creep I promise; possibly info on your age range, social environment, urban/suburban/rural dwelling, etc.)

2. Do you have any issues or problems with the storage space of the pick-up bed? Such as: size, usable space, accessibility? Did you come up with any solutions for these issues problems that you had? If so, please describe how.

3. What do you usually use the pick-up bed space for?

4. Do you have a particular way in which you organize items/equipment/objects within the pick-up bed? Anything that is helpful or not helpful?

5. Are there items you wish you could take along with you/wish there was an easier way to carry/hold/store within the F-150?

6. Any additional comments or advice on things to consider when designing a way to improve this pick-up bed space for storage?

Any feedback is helpful, thanks so much for your time!

Last edited by Bun; 09-11-2017 at 12:47 AM.