Ford F-150 Forum Discuss the Ford F-150 here.

supercharged harley...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 06:02 PM
Default supercharged harley...

hi guys, its not my truck, but a friend of mine want to upgrade his stock supercharged harley... he wants to change the blower's pulley to get more psi out of it.. does anyone know of a site he can get them? or something else to improve performance of his truck.. thanks pals

Old 10-19-2007, 09:27 PM
Default RE: supercharged harley...

Yeah Felix, I can hook you up. As soon as I get home tomarrow I will glady help. I used to have an 03 Cobra and my friend has an 04 Cobra along with a supercharged Harley truck. His Cobra makes 785 at the wheels now and the truck makes mid 600's. My car made 613 at the wheels so no problem. You came to the right place I will give you a complete list of parts, websites prices and some other stuff.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:44 PM

Hi buddy!! ill be glad to get all that info you got! i hope to get your answer soon!

Old 10-20-2007, 10:06 PM

Ok, first off the Harley's 5.4 Eaton supercharged motor is very similar to the Cobra's with the exception of the engine is a 2 valve instead of 4 like the cobra the blowers are relatively the same the upper plenum (that is what the throttle body is attached to is on top instead or the rear blower case like the cobra. The 5.4 stock has a few more weaknesses unlike the stock Cobra 4.6 which has been proven to over 1,000 hp on the motor. My friends Cobra makes 785 on 116 octane, on 93 with the tuning corrected for lower octane it makes around 650 + AFM PMS (Anderson Ford Motorsports - Programmable Management System). Now a step further and a methanol kit (the methanol is put into the windshield washer jug) makes it blast to around 850 - 870 at the wheels just enough nitrous to hit harder at 330 ft. There are a lot of varibles with these supercharged beast so it depends on what you want out of it.

The sources of parts well there are a ton and too many to set it out.
The first place I recommend parts from is Johnny Lightning Performance - http://www.johnnylightningperf.com/

He has the worlds fastest lightning and the HarleySupercrew that is just awesome. He is the one that I would go to if I had one. I have not personally done business with him but have met him at several races and hes very knowledgeable. The trucks he turns out speak for themselves. Watch this video: http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6...4b007389b3.htm

The truck ran 8.49 in the 1/4 mile.
Another great place for parts is RPM outlet, here is the link.
http://www.rpmoutlet.com/lightoption.htm
Now I recommend a Kenne Bell for a blower. Now I will not recommend a size and I will tell you why. You mentionedyou wanted to upgrade but didn't say what type of power (how much you want on tap) so it would be best to see what he wants and contact JLP because they can set you up with the right size. To big and you won't be happy and it will not be beneficial.

Instead ofdoing it the hard way I will listall the modsoff my friend truck he wrote down for me.

* Kenne Bell2.6 (Just recently upgraded himself andhas intentions on more power. I am telling ya these are addictive)
* JLT intake purchased off of e-bay
* SCT Mass Air meter
* Snowperformance boost cooler
* Kooks Headers (longtubes)
*Bassani X-pipe andBassani mufflers and side exit like stock (loud as hell and not for the faint of heart)
* Electric water pump worth 12hp (strongly recommended)
* Accufab throttle body
* upgraded injectors
* Rearend girdle - can be found at rpm outlet
* Battery relocated to the bed
* Bogart Wheels
* Patriot Cams (purchased from a guy - I don't exactly know why - he called on day and told me he had em' I put them in).
* Autometer tach and other gauges (again preference on gauge of what you want).
* FullRed Line fluid in everything
* 3.73gears and strange axles.
* Traction bar (they are a must) he didn't specify a brand but JLP has awesome ones.
* Tires again depends on preference
* Driveshaft safety loop (Highly recommend even if not racing)
* Truck has no converters as where he lives they don't have emissions but even if they do you could either swap it in/out for testing or leave on, your choice.
* Transmission is a heavily modified one and again depends on the amount of power you make.

Like I said I didn't put everything like I said because I was sitting here thinking and I don't fully know the extent of what you want and it would be really easy to get you so confused and not having a clue what I am talking about.

My advise is look this over carefully then I will be more than happy to help you from there as I need to<

Old 11-06-2007, 09:32 PM

where can i find an upgraded pulley, and a programmer for my friend?? can i control the aftermarket pulley with a programmer?

Old 11-08-2007, 09:49 AM

First off the programmers of any kind doesn't control the pulley. All the pulley does is change the amount of boost that the blower can generate. The pulley runs off of the same principal as gearing except with the pulleys the smaller the diameter the faster the impeller spins creating more boost. Now for pulleys like stated above you can get on
www.johnnylightningperf or http://www.rpmoutlet.com/lightoption.htm

These guys can help you chose the one that is right for you. You can also acquire pieces from ebay or other sites used if you want to go thatway.Iseen in your profile you live in arizona. I know that there are a ton of performance shops in your state. Urist Racing is a good one. I know their site is down now but you could still give them a call. If they don't carry parts for the truck then I am sure they no someone in the area that does and hey man a phone call is free, I would also contact JLP and RPM outlet they can ship to you in a matter of days. Both mods are easy to do also.