Ford F-150 Forum Discuss the Ford F-150 here.

What mods should I add?

Old 03-31-2014, 07:18 PM
Beginner
Talking What mods should I add?

I just bought a white 2010 F-150 platiunum. I am wanting to add some mods to it, but I am totally new to this so I do not have a very good idea what is a good quality mod and what isn't. I would like your recommendations as to what type/brand/color I should get for the following:
- Fender Flares
- Lift Kit
- HID Headlights
- Grill Guard
- Large in circumference and width tires (for mudding)
- Black wheels (what size too)

Thanks for all of your recommendations, I really hope to get this thing murdered out!

Old 03-31-2014, 08:06 PM
Beginner

If you could post a pic of your truck that would be nicer and easier for us to help you out. For performance parts and accessories for my F150, I got them all from 4 Wheel Online. I can't really suggest what specific model or brand to get. Coz mine not sure what is your purpose or use of your truck.

Last edited by In2Trux; 04-01-2014 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Removed link to outside website (Not a forum Sponsor)
Old 04-01-2014, 12:28 AM
Beginner

I tried to upload an image, but it does not work... if you really are wanting to see what it is like, google "White 2010 f-150 platiunum." I'd primarily have not specific use for this truck other than to drive it around. I am about to be a freshman in college so I assume I will be haulin around my buds, moving stuff, maybe going mudding. I mainly just think trucks that are all modded up are just so sweet looking, and that is what I'm going for; a cool unique truck, not overdone, but just the right amount of mods added to make it stand out. Once again, I do not need any high performance parts, I just want parts that look nice. Hope this helps, thanks a ton!

Old 07-23-2014, 04:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Superlift's 2" Ford Front Leveling Kit

Retail $139

Most late-model 1/2-ton trucks and SUVs utilize a front shock and coil assembly / strut for the front suspension. To level the front of the vehicle and offset the factory nose-down rake, a simple strut extension is utilized on these applications. This involves adding an application-specific spacer to the top of the factory strut assembly. This method eliminates the time-consuming disassembly of the strut, doesn't preload the factory coil spring (which firms-up ride quality) or over-extend the factory shock. Hardware and compression travel bump-stops are included when required.

Superlift's Level-It strut extensions are a cost-effective and efficient way to level the stance of your late-model truck or SUV.
  • Mounts on top of the factory strut assembly
  • Allows the use of plus-size wheels / tires
  • Easy installation and removal / no strut disassembly required
  • Ideal for restoring height lost from heavy front bumper / winch combos
  • Enhances appearance by leveling the stance of the vehicle
  • 10.9 grade metric hardware included when needed
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Satisfaction Guarantee

Recommended maximum tire diameter of 33"

Old 07-23-2014, 04:05 PM
Former Sponsor

If that's not it then check out the
Superlift 6" Ford Suspension Lift Kit

Retail $1,399.95

Front lift is achieved by installing spacers on top of the factory front shock and coil assembly / strut, eliminating the need for time consuming disassembly of the strut. The factory upper control arms are retained and remain in their original location, while the factory lower control arms and axle housing are lowered, in relation to the frame. New Superlift replacement steering knuckles, made of cast ductile iron and machined in-house, span the increased distance between the control arms without increasing track width. A billet front driveshaft spacer ensures proper engagement and driveshaft length and brake hose extensions are also supplied.

Superlift's geometry, from steering timing and linkage angles, to driveshaft and CV axle operating angles, yields optimal component service life and exceptional drivability.

Our lower control arm crossmembers are a one-piece, full-width, high-clearance design made of .25" steel plate, joined together by a wrap-around skid plate that protects the differential and further reinforced by kicker braces.

Rear lift is via a rear block and u-bolt kit which incorporate the rear compression stops.

The kit is packaged complete with rear Superlift Superide or Superide SS shocks by Bilstein.

NOTE: We are proud to say that the Superlift Ford 2009-14 F-150 6" lift system was the first independently tested vehicle to meet and exceed all specifications and requirements of National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 126 (FMVSS 126).

Performance you want. Quality you can trust. Prices you can afford.
  • Replacement steering knuckles yield the best possible alignment spec.
  • One piece, high clearance crossmembers
  • Wrap around front differential skid plate also ties crossmembers together
  • Kicker braces further increase system rigidity
  • Installer friendly design
  • Compatible with Ford's Roll Stability Control and Advance Trac systems
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Satisfaction Guarantee

Old 08-20-2014, 01:36 PM
Former Sponsor

We carry a TON of cool products for your F150. Lift Kits, Wheels & Tires, Air Intakes, Programmers, ETC ETC... Shoot me a message and I'll be happy to help you with anything you need!

Old 08-22-2014, 10:09 AM
Beginner
Default What size lift?

How much lift are you looking for? Any idea of what size tire you would want?