Ford F-150 Forum Discuss the Ford F-150 here.

Who really has the longest lasting truck?

Old 09-26-2008, 01:41 AM
Default Who really has the longest lasting truck?

Chevy has comercials that say they have the longest lasting trucks, ford says they are built ford tough, i saw a tundra comercial a while back talking about how long their trucks last, and today i saw a dodge comercial talking about how they have the longest lasting trucks. Anyways everyone likes to make claims but the truth is it is hard to tell how long a truck will last. some are built better then others as we all know. also a lot of it depends what the truck will be used for. some trucks are used to work and others are driven around like a car. so who will have the longest lasting truck? well i say it can be any truck that sits in your driveway as long as you service it when it needs to and take care of it. i mean chevytrucks92's silverado looks much newer then it really is to me.

Last edited by Mr_Shamrock; 11-18-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:02 AM
Default RE: Who really has the longest lasting truck?

Not me my friend

Old 10-15-2008, 07:43 PM
TruckForum Addict

Stay away from fords... Engines are garbage...

Dodge builds a good truck if you don't mind a stickshift...

Tundras have really great advertising, and mediocre trucks, just stay awat from the 5.7 enginefor a few more years, they are very problematic... The 4.7s are reliable, though...

The Nissan Titan is very overlooked. They haul ***, are comfortable, and reliable...

Chevy/GMC is by far the best... Awesome engines, comfortable ride, and the best mileage...

Old 10-16-2008, 09:10 AM

whoever takes the best care of it

Old 10-29-2008, 10:27 PM

I agree that you should stay away from tundras and any new truck that comes out. and ive driven all the American made trucks and chevy/ GMC are best but dodges also run for a long time. dodge has ****ty auto trannys. and ford motors are trash. None of this matters if you dont take good care of your ride

Old 11-06-2008, 03:18 AM

R u serious??
Its a copied stuff from http://forums.trucktrend.com/70/7128...uck/index.html
Congratulations!!!
ORIGINAL: nimi

Chevy has comercials that say they have the longest lasting trucks, ford says they are built ford tough, i saw a tundra comercial a while back talking about how long their trucks last, and today i saw a dodge comercial talking about how they have the longest lasting trucks. Anyways everyone likes to make claims but the truth is it is hard to tell how long a truck will last. some are built better then others as we all know. also a lot of it depends what the truck will be used for. some trucks are used to work and others are driven around like a car. so who will have the longest lasting truck? well i say it can be any truck that sits in your driveway as long as you service it when it needs to and take care of it. i mean chevytrucks92's silverado looks much newer then it really is to me.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:01 PM

I have owned all the above new except the Tundra. Put over 150,000 on them all from newbut theDodge hasonly 15/k so far, and just had the normal repair done and oil changes. The only issue I ever had was the 84 GMC radiotook me a couple times under warranty to get fixed.

Old 11-09-2008, 09:46 PM

i own a 98 F-150 with 175K on it. not easy miles either. back and forth pullin a trailer from sc to tn. haulin my race car every weekend. goin muddin and beatin the hell out of it even though its two wheel drive. all iv done is put a shift kit and a limited slip in it. its still got the stock alternator starter compressor everything. just batteries and oil changes and she still runs like a champ.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Default Longer lasting than most

Mine was built Ford Tough 60 years ago and it just keeps getting tougher. It's never been towed but has towed many others over the years. Who needs them valve covers or a new truck. A good one should last at least 3 generations of family.

Attached Thumbnails Who really has the longest lasting truck?-flat-me.jpg   Who really has the longest lasting truck?-flatatwork.jpg   Who really has the longest lasting truck?-p1010053.jpg   Who really has the longest lasting truck?-warntpg2.jpg   Who really has the longest lasting truck?-trimwarntpg1.jpg  

Old 11-18-2010, 04:20 PM

Thanks for the insight!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who really has the longest lasting truck?