Ford Heavy Duty Discuss your SUPER DUTY F250s, F350s, and the everlasting POWERSTROKE!

'08 Stock Stereo Systems

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 06:28 PM
Beginner
Default '08 Stock Stereo Systems

Hopefully somebody out there has some experience with the issue I'm facing and has some suggestions for me.

I just bought a 2008 Lariat pickup and it has the single disc CD player. The system appears to have the standard speakers and no subwoofer. I'd like to upgrade to the Ford 6 disc changer and add some additional power and a subwoofer.

I went into my local Stealership and talked to one of the parts guys. He was virtually no help at all. He took the VIN for my truck and told me he could get me replacement parts for what was originally installed, but nothing else. He said that he wouldn't even look up a part number for the 6 disc changer because he didn't think there would be any plug-ins for it in the wire loom. This makes no sense to me.

I've been looking on places like eBay and I can buy a 6 disc changer that was originally intended to go in this truck but I want to make sure my steering wheel controls will still work.

I'm also curious as to what parts are required to upgrade to the Ford Audiophile sound system. Is there an external amp for the speakers or do they get powered directly from the head unit? I know the stock subwoofer has an amp attached to the back of the enclosure.

I have a lot more questions, but I think this is enough for this post. Any help anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan