Ford Heavy Duty Discuss your SUPER DUTY F250s, F350s, and the everlasting POWERSTROKE!

2011 F 250 Lariat up-fitter switches HELP PLEASE :-)

Old 03-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Beginner
Default 2011 F 250 Lariat up-fitter switches HELP PLEASE :-)

Help please :-) I found the blunt cut wires and they dont have power with key on at the steering column location or the fire wall location. The fuse ledger doesnt make sense either. Says one switch fuse should be in a certain number slot then you look and it's some relay for something else, then says one relay for the switches should be in one spot and you look and it's a fuse for somehting else. What the heck is going on here :-)

Please help. I just want to wire up some light force lights to work offf them... Can yall help me please?

Should they have power now? Do I need to put a relay somewhere. The one thing I know is the ledger is completely wrong in the owners manual. The relay locations they indicate for the under the hood box have fuses in them for something else...

HELP!!!!!! :-)

Old 03-01-2013, 12:30 PM
Beginner

The Upfitter switch blunt ends are hot and only the ground needs to be hooked up from whatever it is that you are installing, With the switch on take a tester and ground it if it lights youre good if not it has to be the fuse or the relay. If your ground is not good it could be your problem.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:35 PM
Beginner

Oddly enough, those switches on the same model are what actually brought me to this site. I could be wrong, but the way I read the book it sounds like the relays for those switches are not on your regular fuse block or under the hood. My book says the box for them is located on the drivers side end of the instrument panel, not under the hood. An access panel next to the door frame maybe? I havent actually looked for it yet. Cant make up my mind WHAT I want to do with them yet, maybe a set of super sized reverse lights to start with.

I just got the truck yesterday so I havent even located the fuse block(s) yet, I was just told one thing about the switches at the dealership and got home to find out something else entirely.