Ford Heavy Duty Discuss your SUPER DUTY F250s, F350s, and the everlasting POWERSTROKE!

can anyone give me a honest answer

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Default can anyone give me a honest answer

i am really trying to decide on what f250 truck to buy, of coarse im talking about the 2011 6.2 and the 6.7, i have test drove both of these trucks, and the deisel really ran like a race truck, i loved it, but for all the extra money, which is why i am asking, can anyone give me real world gas mileage on there trucks, gas and diesel, thanks so much, and do you guys with the 6.2 like them?, i have a 250 2006 5.4, and it runs up mountians like a turd, i want more

Old 01-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Administrator

Our 2011 F-350 XLT Lariat 6.7 Crew Cab:

During the initial 1000 mile break in period, it averaged about 16mpg just running it around town, but we recently made the trip from Grand Rapids, MI to Port Canaveral Florida and back.

-Grand Rapids to Lexington, KY: 15.8mpg (pulling a 32ft gooseneck horse trailer with a horse)
-Lexington to Pt. Canaveral: 22.1mpg!!!!! (unloaded, truxedo cover)
-Pt. Canaveral to Lexington: 20.7mpg!!!! (same)
-Lexington to Grand Rapids: 16.1mpg (trailer again, empty)

These are HONEST numbers taken right from the truck computer averaged together with the old fashioned division method. Impressive huh? Love the truck

Old 01-05-2011, 08:40 PM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

Damn!!! Must be nice...us po' folks have to drive old big blocks that get 10 MPG. That is damn good mileage for such a strong truck. From what I hear it will slowly get better too right?

Old 01-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Administrator

It's supposed to, but I can't imagine how it can! Keep in mind, this is my mothers truck... i'm still driving my 98 gas hog. 10mpg with the plow on! 12 without

Old 01-05-2011, 09:28 PM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

Wow Mom with the big diesel ---- GO MOM!!!!! My mom drives a Toyota Solara! She drove dad's full size blazer one time and I don't think there was a curb in South Florida that she missed!!!!

Old 01-06-2011, 08:07 AM
Beginner
Talking I Want One Too !

I have been looking for a diesel F250 that I could afford for a while now. One thing I have figured out is that when I do get one it will not be new.
I started looking for used pick ups and found a local dealer that has a good inventory of used vehicles of all kinds. They move them quick because they buy all their vehicles at auction or at a reduced price from the seller. This gets the buyer a good price on the vehicle he wants.
My point is, unless you really want or need the new car warranty then look at used ones. I am not trying to sell anything. I just really like the F250 better than any other vehicle I have ever had, and I have found some really nice used ones that are far less than the new ones and only a couple of years old.
Anyway, just passing along a thought

Old 01-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Default thanks for the imfo

I knowq what you are saying, i just paid off my 2006 f250 superduty, i dont want another payment, but i worry about the warrenty,two, i use this to plow in the winter, with a boss plow, up and down a mountian daily, it drives me crazy when i go 30 mph up hills, the 5.4 is a turd in that size of a truck, i want a truck that moves fast, and also gets good fuel mileage, i get 10 to 11 all the time, 7 to 8 while plowing, i figure, if i can get what i want , i will keep it for a long time, and the fuel pays off in the long run, if you drive a new 2011 6.7, you will be amazed, it is quite a truck, i am trying to find a used one right now, but they dont seem to be found around here, i am waiting for a better price, no truck is worth 50,000, so i am waiting, how about the 6.2, anyone have one of these? i drove it too, but its not even close to the diesel truck, never had a diesel, and never wanted one because of the noise and the cost of fuel, but when you figure out the mileage, and the price, diesel almost cuts the fuel bill in half, saving lots of money monthly, and thanks guys, for the imfo, i am reading and taking it all in, have a good one, oh buy the way, when you hear how quiet the new ford diesel is, you wont believe it, trust me, i am in love with this truck, and i have never said that before..lol

Last edited by Tjhunter; 01-06-2011 at 03:26 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Administrator

Agreed!

The dealer up here has a 2011 F-350 Reg Cab 6.7 that's already fitted with a 9'2" boss V-blade and a Rear blade plus strobe lights. $52k, and I think it has power windows!

As far as the noise goes, you are 100% correct... Half the time I can't tell if it's running or not when its just idling or I've started it remotely. it just doesn't make any noise! Unfortunately though, I've also been unable to get that satisfying cloud of black diesel smoke to erupt from the tailpipe...

Good luck finding one used... you may have to wait awhile though

Old 01-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Agreed!

The dealer up here has a 2011 F-350 Reg Cab 6.7 that's already fitted with a 9'2" boss V-blade and a Rear blade plus strobe lights. $52k, and I think it has power windows!

As far as the noise goes, you are 100% correct... Half the time I can't tell if it's running or not when its just idling or I've started it remotely. it just doesn't make any noise! Unfortunately though, I've also been unable to get that satisfying cloud of black diesel smoke to erupt from the tailpipe...

Good luck finding one used... you may have to wait awhile though

Old 01-06-2011, 08:23 PM

yes, they dont smoke, which is good since i plan on keeping in my garage which is under my house, hey, maybe you can help, i talked to a guy tonight that told me his 2011 diesel got about 20 miles to a gallon when it was brand new, and now that its broke in hes getting only 12, that scares me a little, and nobody seems to have a mileage report for a 6.2 2011 gas truck yet, but i am not going to jump at a truck just yet, the rebates here stopped after new years, so im kinda waiting to see about that too, thanks again for your imput !!!

Quick Reply: can anyone give me a honest answer