Ford Heavy Duty Discuss your SUPER DUTY F250s, F350s, and the everlasting POWERSTROKE!

Urea

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 12:15 PM
Default Urea

I want to get a new ford f350 but I have been noticing it has urea injections to meet emission requirements what is urea

Old 04-22-2010, 07:04 AM

it is a liquid that is injected for a special filter that removes n02 which is harmful to the environment and ford used the urea because it helps fuel economy and allows these new trucks to get 20+ mpg, You dont even have to worry about it because ford designed it to so u can have it filled when you do an oil change at your dealer and most big truck stops carry it as big rigs have been using it for a few years to meet emission standards

Old 04-23-2010, 02:27 PM

I know that many other trucks take urea as well so all it is is some liquid you have to pit in a special filter?

Old 04-23-2010, 03:44 PM

i believe it is injected into the exhaust and it attaches itself to the NO2 and allows the filter to remove it, all i now about it is its environmentally friendly, it doesn't harm fuel economy, and it removes harmful greenhouse gasses from the exhaust.