General Motors Tech Chevy tech talk within.

95' 350 no spark no fuel

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 03:54 AM
Default 95' 350 no spark no fuel

95' 350 k2500. Not original engine has less than 130k.

help, my truck was running placed in park, when i then shifted to drive it died. Has not started since. No spark, no fuel. Manualy put fuel in under hood and still didn't fire. Replaced dist. cap, rotar, and ignition module. Still nothing. Since this has happend, within minutes, i noticed the fuel gauge says full now instead of half, and the batter gauge doesn't change when the key is turned on, it stays low as if there was no power. Battery is not dead, it was running prior to it dieing. It cranks over so starter and all that is good. I need real answers, i am tired of people guessing. Why would it be bad plugs but w/ no fuel? Bad fuel pump but no spark? It did this yesterday but we were able to get it to fire back up in park then died again in drive. We did this a few times and were able to get it to stay running once in drive. Now it will not start at all. Bad ecu? Something electrical not sending power to fuel pump or dist. telling it to fire? I need an educated answer please!!

Old 12-17-2008, 06:23 AM
Default RE: 95' 350 no spark no fuel

your sure you have no spark ?..you've verified this,or are you just going by the fact that pouring gas in it did not help?

to diagnose this,you'll have to have a 12v test light or dvom...

you probably have fuel to the engine but are probably missing the signal for the injectors to squirt the fuel in...this signal comes from the ignition module,just as the spark does.

the plugs on top of the injectors...make sure they have 12v on 1 wire with key on....then,see if you get a pulsing ground on the other wire while someone cranks it over...i imagine your missing that pulsing ground.

if thats missing,we now have a path to follow...

Old 12-17-2008, 11:39 AM

We tested for spark by putting it up to block when trying to start it,and there was no spark. We replaced the ingnitionmodule and still no spark. Is the ignition not sending power to the module to tell it to spark then?

Old 12-17-2008, 04:28 PM

here is how to check it...

unplug the bigger module connector...about 4 wires in it...

key on

find the purple wire in that connector

get a 12v test light...attatch it to positive at the battery

momentarily touch the terminal thats for the purple wire at the connector end....the 12v sent into the purple wire should signal the ecm to pulse the injectors 1 time...every time you touch it,it should pulse the injectors...IF IT DOES,THIS TELLS YOU YOUR WIRING,YOUR ECM,AND YOUR INJECTORS ARE ALL GOOD.

IF IT DOES not PULSE,follow the wiring to the ecm...and as stated already,make sure you have 12v to the injectors.

i imagine it will pulse...which means the truck will run if it had a command from the distributor to do so....could be the module,or the pole-piece in the dist...also,make sure your dist turns when its cranke over