General Motors Tech Chevy tech talk within.

98 tahoe 5.7 vortec

Old 01-24-2009, 01:20 AM
Default 98 tahoe 5.7 vortec

I cannot figure out the following problem. The engine misfires on cylinder two - DTC p0302 code sets intermitently. It has been occuring for quite some time now and I changed a lot of parts - some needed it and some probably did not.
Here is a long list of everything that isNEW (not all related to problem - listed anyway)
TPS-MAP-AIT-CRANKSHAFT-CAMSHAFT-COOLANT (in head and intake)sensors. EGR-PCV valves. Complete cylinder heads (Chevy Performance steel)-complete lower and upper intake manifolds-fuel injector spider upgrade (new unit)-roller lifters-roller rocker arms-billet Accell distributer-A/C Delco plug wires and plugs-fuel pump and harness connector (good ground)-complete fuel tank-fuel filler hose-tank fuel lines-fuel filter (twice)-catalytic converter unit (2 cats)-O2 sensors (4)-fuel pump relay-ECM (computer)I may have missed some things...
The misfire isless pronounced when cold (at start up). I had the timing set, a crankshaft relearn procedure and a computer reprogramming done at the dealer, only because I do not have acomputer scanner capable of such things. Still this problem exists.Please help me find what I missed.
BTW IDO test things before I change them, but if the part is cheap enough I just replace with new-just to be sure.Do not hessitate to ask why Ichanged any part....Thanks [sm=headbang.gif]

Old 02-20-2009, 02:42 PM
Default We need to keep in touch!!

I have the same issue. P0303. Mine happens when climbing hills and the engine is under a load.

I have ordered alot of your parts listed, but am now leaning toward the distributor after much reseach. I have heard that the gear becomes worn and the obvious sign is shiny marks on the gear.

Keep in touch and let me know how things turn out. I will do the same.

Glad and sad to find a fellow in pain like me !