General Motors Tech Chevy tech talk within.

Day time running lights...

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 01:02 AM
Default Day time running lights...

Is here a way to over ride the day time rnning lights on my 2000 GMC Yukon. On my 2000 S-10 I just cycle the dome override switch on/off/on, on older Chevy/GMC trucks you push in the parking brake a tad. But I can't figure out how to do it on my truck.

Old 12-28-2006, 04:29 AM
Default RE: Day time running lights...

did you check your owners manuel?

Old 12-28-2006, 11:01 PM

I don't have one.

Old 12-28-2006, 11:10 PM

im having the same problem, i can override them using the parking brake but cycling the domelight switch wont override them. i would just leave the brake on slightly but the damn beepinggets tome.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:35 PM

ORIGINAL: 99z71325ci

im having the same problem, i can override them using the parking brake but cycling the domelight switch wont override them. i would just leave the brake on slightly but the damn beepinggets tome.
What year truck do you have? Parking brake does nothing for me, nor does the dome light switch.

Old 12-29-2006, 02:36 PM

Just go to the dealership, tell them you want to owners manual to your truck. when they hand it to you, look through it and find what your looking for, then give it back and say, "oh, this is the wrong book i was looking for" it may help.

Or if anyone else has a owners manual on this site, if they would be nice enuff to look for you (im throwing hints out to people reading this)...good luck

Old 01-07-2007, 11:44 PM

99 Z71 LS 323CI 5.3L EXT CAB SHORT BED. yeah i can't get the dome light switch to shut them off but the parking brake works everytime, i would just leave it one click in but the beeping drives my nuts
ORIGINAL: tjlmbklr

ORIGINAL: 99z71325ci

What year truck do you have? Parking brake does nothing for me, nor does the dome light switch.

Old 01-09-2007, 11:36 PM

talked to the chevy dealership they told me that the headlight overide option iswas avaible until 2003 year models.

Old 01-20-2007, 02:42 PM

I've got an '01 and I just hit the dome overide 4 times really fast, then you'll here it ding andthats hit, so it had to be before '03

Old 03-14-2007, 01:31 PM

I am really not sure WHY it is so important for you all to turn off your daytime running lights, but I know that when we import an American vehicle into Canada, we need to put a new relay into the engine compartment area, to switch the lights over to daytime running lights. I would recommend checking your relay, and look into having the one that controls the lights swapped to one that only lets the lights come on with the switch, so that you would have full control. You would probably just need the same relay from an older model, before the government legislated daytime running lights. That way, you would not have to monkey with your dome light, or what ever other things you are trying...

Quick Reply: Day time running lights...