General Truck Tech Do you have a question that doesnt apply to a certain make or model, ask it here!

2015 Colorado and Tacoma. Which should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 10:12 PM
Beginner
Default 2015 Colorado and Tacoma. Which should I get?

I've been in the market for a new truck for a couple months. Based on my budget and what I'm looking for I've narrowed it down to the 2015 Colorado and the 2015 Tacoma. I'm from upstate New York so 4WD for winter is a must, I also plan on taking this truck camping, kayaking, and other outdoor activities so a lot of storage and a convenient roof rack would be preferable. Down the road I would like to put a lift, new wheels/tires on it, and other customization but for now lets stick to the basics.

The Tacoma I've heard nothing but good things about, they're reliable, long lasting, have a high resale value, cheaper than the Colorado and an overall solid truck. The hesitation I'm getting with the Tacoma is that if i should wait for the 2016 model since its a brand new model Tacoma and will this new model come with mechanical issues?

The Colorado has my attention because first its a brand new model Colorado with all new bells and whistles. But I have been hearing stories that they are having a lot of issues. Brakes, rattling, transmission. etc. Are these stories true, and if so does the truck make up for it in any areas?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 08-11-2015, 01:04 AM
Beginner

I think you should go with Tacoma. it will fulfill your all needs from storage to long driving.
I have read that Redesigned 2016 Toyota Tacoma models will employ an improved 2.7-liter four-cylinder engine that will produce more power and better efficiency. The highlight for the 2016 Tacoma power lineup, however, is an all-new 3.5-liter Atkinson cycle V-6 power platform that will integrate both direct and port fuel injection with Toyota D-4S technology to improve overall performance. Both engine options will now be offered with a smooth-shifting, more efficient six-speed automatic transmission and V-6-powered models will also offer a six-speed manual gearbox.
Therefore no need of getting worried and just go for Tacoma 2016 model