General Truck Tech Do you have a question that doesnt apply to a certain make or model, ask it here!

5K for a truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 03:29 AM
Default 5K for a truck

My budget is for a truck is 5k. All I have decided at this point is it has to be a 4x4. In addition to snow five months or so out of the year, I drive a lot on logging roads and two track trails. The truck would be my primary transportation but i do not have a daily commute. In addition to using the truck for occasional runs into town (six miles one way), or even more occasional runs over the pass to Spokane (about 2.5 hours by state highway one way), the truck will be used for dump runs, and hauling 10 to 12 cords of firewood a year.

I don't have any brand in mind, nor am i locked into gas vs diesel, although i do like the long life and mileage that the better diesels have. I am looking for some advice from the knowledge base here on what 5K should buy. What someone with more knowledge and experience with trucks than i would do with a 5K budget to buy a 4x4. I also am not locked in to spending all of the 5K on buying a truck. Another option would be to spend part of it, say 3K, and spend the rest on repairs/upgrades if needed.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Old 12-16-2009, 04:31 PM
Default 5K for a truck

Hey Everyone... I have a five year old niece just getting into riding. She has taken English lessons, I ride western, she knows a bit of both. But not enough of either. Her dad just bought her a pony saddle and now were looking for a well broke, KID PROOF pony. Small enough for children, large enough to last a while.Let me know