General Truck Tech Do you have a question that doesnt apply to a certain make or model, ask it here!


Old 11-23-2012, 08:01 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 13
Question Ac/dc?

si, i have a 1989 GMC Sierra R3500 with the tool box bed. one of the boxes has a house outlet in it, but it was cut off.
im wondering if there is a way to wire it so that i can make it work, and have a toggle on the dash so i can shut it off if need be.
please and thanks.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:48 PM
In2Trux's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Northern Ont
Posts: 1,743

You need a Power Inverter to convert the 12VDC to 110 VAC.
Yes you can activate it remotely from your cab or inside one of the tool box doors
Old 11-23-2012, 11:30 PM
RustyFordLover's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fairbanks Alaska
Posts: 492

They sell pretty good inverters at napa for a good price that are the ones that need hardwired in.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to and affiliated sites.