Go Back  Truck Forums > Truck Talk > General Truck Tech
Reload this Page >

Advice on first truck and daily driver with a budget!

General Truck Tech Do you have a question that doesnt apply to a certain make or model, ask it here!

Advice on first truck and daily driver with a budget!

Old 02-18-2016, 06:38 AM
Beginner
Default Advice on first truck and daily driver with a budget!

Hello everyone,

I've been avidly reading and researching on this forum for a few months now and I am making my first post today.

I am looking at replacing my daily driver with a pick-up. I have always wanted one but was never in a position to justify it. Now I am.

What I am looking for a is a USED 4 door, full size half-ton 1500/2500/etc that is the MOST RELIABLE and COMFORTABLE as a daily driver one MY budget (though 4x4 would be nice it is not NEEDED).. I have a racecar/show car at home that I drive on weekends so this will mainly be my commuter/traveler/hauler. The difficult part for me is the budget. I would really like to keep this daily driver cheap and spend at or below $5,000. I realize this is difficult based on what I want. But I am basically wanting to get opinions on which would be the BEST and MOST suitable truck for my needs at that price point.

I am a big car guy but fairly ignorant when it comes to pick-ups. Any advice I've tried to get from friends is biased as they are all loyal to one brand. I am not.

TL;DR
Looking for first truck must be:
Half ton/full size
comfortable
4 door/extended cab
4x4 would be nice but not a deal breaker
RELIABILIY**

So please, all of you knowledgeable truck guys, give me some advice!!