General Truck Tech Do you have a question that doesnt apply to a certain make or model, ask it here!

Every Truck Manufacturer Swears to Out Do the others.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 03:13 PM
Beginner
Cool Every Truck Manufacturer Swears to Out Do the others.....

You know Ive see recently the truck manufacturers have made their truck warranties go up from 60-100k on motor and drivetrain, but I just don't get why. I do know some jump at that but if you make a truck that can't run to 100k your building crap. The 100k sound awesome for a gas engine being most now days run upwards 150k in miles and if lucky you get one on a rollout day of Wednesday that will run more miles then that. I say that cause I was a union hand and we do are best work on Tuesday-Thursday see Monday we hate being back at work and a Fridays we are wanting to get out of work for payday and happy hour.

My rant is very simply to understand why is a gas engine warranties the same as a Diesels warranty being Diesel engine will go 250k before recommended tune up but the Diesel engine will normally last well over the 250k<500k plus. Everything else falls apart before engine gives out.

All the truck manufacturers: Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Toyota, Nissan, and others all claim they have the best cars and trucks but I wanna see these manufacturers offer a standard warranty that makes sense 100k for gas motor and drivetrain and it would make sense to offer a standard 200-250k on any Diesel motor and drivetrain unless your still having ERG Failures and you know the motor won't last without mechanical problem.

*** If you have the best car or truck prove it put your money were your mouth is and the 1st one to make a 200-250k Standard Diesel Warranty will win the consumers trust and money. I'm personally not impressed by the cheesy 100k warranties.