General Truck Tech Do you have a question that doesnt apply to a certain make or model, ask it here!

Looking for my first truck. Air suspension questions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 03:09 PM
Default Looking for my first truck. Air suspension questions.

Alright so I am thinking about buying a truck because of 4x4 for winters and such. With gas being so high I don't want something HUGE. Just average looking witha decent sized bed, and something reliable. I will be buying something older and used for about 6k or under (hopefully).

Any suggestions?

Also I really want to lower a truck. My brother did it with his s10 and it looked really nice, but with 4x4 it would be a waste because it would be low for winters. So I thought of an air suspension system which I could set to stock height in the winters. Now I taken a liking to the silverado and dodge ram 1500. Both 4x4 in automatic. Now my question is do ether of this trucks have a kit to lower the front and rear down real low and raise it back up to about stock height? T

The biggest thing for me would I want to have it really low, but this would require some cutitng of the bed, and making room in the engine. How hard would this be for me and my father to do and uncle who has various tools, and mechanical "know how" ? Something only a shop can do?

Thanks

Old 03-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Default RE: Looking for my first truck. Air suspension questions.

There is dop kits for every kind of truck.