General Truck Tech Do you have a question that doesnt apply to a certain make or model, ask it here!

What truck to get? pics included

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 01:19 PM
Beginner

Originally Posted by In2Trux
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you... That would be great to get the family truck as your own... Drive it for a year. Fix it up, accessorize it a bit and use it as an awesome trade in on what you REALLY want.

What do you want in a truck that old red isn't providing?
Well...the more I think about it...nothing. Ol' Red has everything that I'm looking for in a truck: it's a quad cab, 4x4, with a 5.7L Hemi V8. My only real requirements for a truck is 4x4 and extended or crew cab, fairly low miles, and minimal rust. Ol' Red even has some features that are nice, but I don't necessarily need...like heated leather seats and dual exhaust, for instance. It's just a complicated family situation right now and I'm not sure how it's all going to work out.

KBB value for it is around $17k for clean retail value, and the trade-in value even in "fair" condition is around $15k. I would say it's in more than fair condition. It's got the typical Dodge rust spots around the rear wheel wells, and a few dents on the tailgate and behind the rear wheels, but the interior is in almost pristine condition. It only has 62k on the odometer, too. To be honest, I'd be hard pressed to find this nice of a truck anywhere for this price (my mom says she might sell it to me for $7500). If I do end up buying it, I'm definitely going to fix the rust and dents if I can. It needs new door seals and could probably use some new tires soon as well.

I will definitely keep you all updated on how it goes.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:13 PM

Got pics of old red?