New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Another newbie

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 03:37 AM
Default Another newbie

Hi everyone! Well, my first truck is a 2006 Silverado which is my daily driver and will most likely not get too many mods. I also have a 1994 GMC Sierra SLE ext cab. which I had planned on trading in when buying the Silverado, but was unhappy with the trade in offer and decided to keep it. Now I've decided to make it a beast since it breaks my heart to see it sitting there in the driveway pretty much stock and livingin the mountains and seeing all these rocks I could be driving over. It'smaking me crazy trying to decide what to do first! So, I'm here for some insight on brands and parts and any suggestions anyone would like to share with me.

I know I definitely want to take out that indepent front suspension and put in a solid front, but am debating whether I should do that early on in the mod. process or not. I guess I am still a little overwhelmed when I think of everything I want to do.Perhaps in addition to joining this forum I'm going to start trolling the local 4wheel shops and making some off-roading friends. I'm in Colorado afterall, how hard could it be?

Old 01-26-2008, 02:44 PM
Default RE: Another newbie

If you have any questions just do a search or post a topic. I dont know much about rock crawling but im sure theres people here that do good luck and welcome. Youll find most of us on the silverado forums.

Old 01-27-2008, 03:44 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default RE: Another newbie

Welcome come post and see us at the silverado forum to answer all your questions. But on your topic get a 6 inch lift and maybe even a 3 inch body lift and put the biggest tires you can. Then you are going to want to get different gears to turns the tires. Thanks