New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Fuel injectors spray while fuel pump primed??

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2021, 10:50 PM
Beginner
Default Fuel injectors spray while fuel pump primed??

I've been trying to fix this for so long now. I recently"thought" problem was fixed because my acceleration came back and overall the 4.3l V6 finally drove how it should. Then when trying to start it died, then started and died, smell of gas so I knew what to look at. Brought it home took off intake and remove spider assembly. Bought a new fuel pressure regulator and thoroughly cleaned injectors and unit itself. Replaced all gaskets and O rings. Went to start it and kept cranking then noticed fuel smell... Then looked underneath and fuel leaking. Great. Took off plenum again and put power to fuel pump test line and noticed all injectors are spraying when fuel pump is primed. This never happened before. Usually when primed it's the sound of fuel pump and then quiet. Now I hear fuel spraying into cylinders. Is there any way to fix this or are they "toast"? Any info I'd greatly appreciate it. This is my first post I apologize in advance if I'm not posting this properly. Thank you