New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello From Maine

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 11:53 AM
Default Hello From Maine

I'm new hear and I figured I would introduce myself. I'm 18 and I'm from Central Maine. I own a 2002 Chevy 1500 reg. cab 8' bed 4x4 4.8 and my Dad has a 2010 Toyota Tundra double cab 6.5' bed 4x4 4.6 with a 7.5' Fisher plow. I just bought the Chevy 1500 about 2 weaks ago. Before the Chevy had a 2000 Ford Ranger extended cab 4x4 3.0 and I hated it, it was just a POS. I love to plow snow and I do all the plowing with my Dad's Tundra. I'm going to put a plow on my Chevy in the near future also. I also realy like head ache racks and have one on my Chevy and my Dad's Tundra. I also belong to three other forums, two for plowing and one for Toyota Tundras. I hope there is some other people on hear that like to plow and it would also be cool if there was another person on hear with a Tundra with a plow.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:01 PM
Administrator

Hi Mercer Me... Welcome to the family
Glad you join.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:35 PM
TruckForum Addict

welcome to the forum
and that is really cool ive never seen a toyota with a plow
at least not where i live in iowa
if ya have any advice or need advice for people this forums is the best place to be for help with trucks and helping

Old 06-13-2011, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by In2Trux
Hi Mercer Me... Welcome to the family
Glad you join.
Thanks, I'm happy to have found this forum.

Originally Posted by cubpak89
welcome to the forum
and that is really cool ive never seen a toyota with a plow
at least not where i live in iowa
if ya have any advice or need advice for people this forums is the best place to be for help with trucks and helping
Thanks. Around hear there are a few Tundras with plows. The 2nd gen. Tundras are the best 1/2 ton truck to plow with IMO.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:02 PM
TruckForum Addict

cool so this is mynext thing did you have to custom make a mount for the plow for your truck or is there a company that sells mounts for them
and whoever did the plow did a good job on it as i just looked at your otehr forum and normaly trucks with plows the bumper stick out an inch or 2 but your bumper looks clean and not sticking out

Old 06-14-2011, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by cubpak89
cool so this is mynext thing did you have to custom make a mount for the plow for your truck or is there a company that sells mounts for them
and whoever did the plow did a good job on it as i just looked at your otehr forum and normaly trucks with plows the bumper stick out an inch or 2 but your bumper looks clean and not sticking out
The plow is a Fisher and they make mounts for Tundras.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:29 PM
Administrator

Hey! Finally someone else with a plow truck! How is it plowing with a half ton? I used my boss's half-ton Ford for a day back last winter and hated it compared to the beefed up suspension of my 3/4 ton or the Dodge 2500 I've used. It felt like the plow was limiting the trucks performance when driving from job to job and I really wanted to take it off on the road. the only thing you notice on my truck is the blade sticking up- it still drives and accelerates/brakes as if it were empty.

@cupbak89 what you're thinking of is the real old plow setups that have the pump mounted under the hood and always carry their headlights with them. The newer ones are very unobtrusive and when disconnected only leave electrical components, two plugs, and a bracket underneath the bumper.

Most people don't even know mine is a plow truck with the plow off (I took off the light bar for the summer) unless they look closely at the front

Old 06-14-2011, 09:54 PM
TruckForum Addict

yeah i guess i dont pay much attention to plows these days was thinking about buying a used one for cheap for my truck in the winter but i aint seen alot of used plows for sale in iowa as just bout every truck owner has one and aint sellin for cheap

Old 06-15-2011, 06:22 AM
Ford and Dodge Truck Forum Moderator

Welcome to the site

Old 06-15-2011, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by GMCSierraFan
Hey! Finally someone else with a plow truck! How is it plowing with a half ton? I used my boss's half-ton Ford for a day back last winter and hated it compared to the beefed up suspension of my 3/4 ton or the Dodge 2500 I've used. It felt like the plow was limiting the trucks performance when driving from job to job and I really wanted to take it off on the road. the only thing you notice on my truck is the blade sticking up- it still drives and accelerates/brakes as if it were empty.
I don't mind plowing with a 1/2 ton. I used to use a 1989 Chevy 2500 3/4 ton and I think the Tundra plows just as good as it.

Quick Reply: Hello From Maine