New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Looking at some trucks, need some opinions

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 11:20 AM
Default Looking at some trucks, need some opinions

Right now I'm currently driving an '03 Ranger XL, completely base model, no real options. Anyway, I'm trading it in for a different truck, I'm getting married soon and because of some health issues my soon to be wife cannot drive a manual transmission. I originally was looking at getting another Ranger or possibly Mazda B-series truck of the same generation, however recently I started looking at some Chevy Colorados. I've never owned a Chevy, so don't really know much about the Colorados other than I've heard some good things about them online. I've been trying to find a place that did some kind of comparison but so far haven't been able to find much. I'm hoping I can get some mostly unbiased opinions here since this is a general truck forum and not a Chevy or Ford specific forum.

Anyway, I've currently narrowed my choice of trucks down to 3. One is a '03 Ranger EDGE 3.0 w/ about 45k miles and has the Ford CPO warranty. The second is an '04 Mazda B3000 with only about 15k miles and still has about 29 months left on its factory warranty. The third is an '04 Chevy Colorado that comes with the I5 engine and also has about 45k miles. It is GM Certified so comes with the 3 month/3,000 mile warranty. The Mazda and the Chevy have more interior options than the Ranger does, such as power locks and windows. Other than that they're about the same, regular cab, 2wd.

Basically what I'm hoping for is some opinions on Rangers/B-Series vs Colorados in general, as well as any opinions on the specific trucks I mentioned. Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.