New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New from AR

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 09:22 PM
Default New from AR

Hey all! New from Arkansas.

I inherited a 1990 C1500 from my dad when he passed. It was his work-in-progress work truck and since its not suitable for me as a DD (Being 6 months pregnant) I've given it to my husband for his work truck.

Hoping for it to go from work-in-progress to just a work truck before the new baby comes.

Little about my "mechanical" background - I have none. While my pops was a great mechanic, being a girl my only job in the garage was making sure his coffee was hot. Since his passing I now have his whole garage in mine and am doing what I can to remember what I can and learn what I can't remember.

As for the 1500... Its def. got its issues mechanically and cosmetically. I've just ordered new mirrors and tail light covers and am slowly doing the body work (Hood is done, hoping to have the bedsides completed this weekend weather premitting). I'll get some pix up tomorrow. Will be replacing the intake gaskets tomorrow in hopes that fixes the mysterious loss (meaning no obvious leaks) of antifreeze and wonky temp

Thanks for any and all advice I can get and for bearing with this lil shade-tree lady.

Last edited by StevieLee; 03-14-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:44 PM
Administrator

Welcome!

Old 03-15-2011, 08:33 AM
Ford and Dodge Truck Forum Moderator

Welcome to the site