New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New to this forum - '95 Chevy Shortbed - "Lola"

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Default New to this forum - '95 Chevy Shortbed - "Lola"

Hello everyone,

My name is Rick and I just joined this forum.

I live in the San Francisco/Bay Area and I pull my boat with a '95 Chevy Pickup that I named "Lola".

She's been a great truck! Just over 100k miles, V8, Belltech 5/7 drop with 17" Budniks, Flowmaster 40 series and gets 20 mpg on the freeway!

I think that the thing that prompted me to join this site is that I am tired of the noise that my Flowmasters 40s create (Sounds great, in some situations, but I don't like it all the time, anymore) and am looking for a good muffler suggestion. Should I install Flowmaster 50s? Or something else? I have been hearing good things about Magnaflows but, was hoping for some first hand advice. Lola has a great music system but, the drone from the exhaust, takes away from the music and conversation can be difficult.

Thanks for reading and I welcome any suggestions!

Rick

Attached Thumbnails New to this forum - '95 Chevy Shortbed - "Lola"-ricky-rick-trent-jim-w.-trucks-12-.jpg  
Old 04-02-2011, 07:09 PM
Administrator

NICE lookin rig Rick... My daughter had a sign on her bedroom door when she was younger. "If You Think It's Too Loud? Your Too OLD" LOL
I hear ya buddy I like to make a bit of noise once in a while. but not as often as I use to.
I like to hear my tones.
A good muffler can make the world of difference in the sound your truck produces, and the performance. But the position you put that same muffler will sound different too.
A muffler mounted closer to the engine (under cab) will give you somewhat of a throaty sound. That same muffler mounted towards the back will produce that snapping sound with heavy acceleration.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:04 PM

Thanks Glenn. I think what did it is, one evening last weekend, I took it up to San Francisco and ended up in the North Beach/**** Hill/Financial Districts. Every time I would have to pull a hill, the torque is right at about 2300rpm (the deepest exhaust note) and with the echo off of the buildings, I set off about half of the car alarms on the street(s)! I left blocks of cars with their lights flashing!! It looked pretty cool but, that's when I made the decision and your daughter's poster is correct!! lol There's only one place for the muffler (under the bed) so, it's just a different muffler that I'm looking for. I think that a 3 chamber Flowmaster would probably do the trick but, I just wanted more opinions. Thanks for the response! Rick

Old 04-03-2011, 07:34 AM
Administrator

I think flowmaster 50's or 70's would suit you just fine... I've never used them personally, but I've heard good things about them. Great looking truck by the way

Old 04-03-2011, 08:17 PM

Thanks, Kevin. I have never heard of a "70" but, I'll check it out. Thanks, Rick

Old 04-05-2011, 09:31 AM
Ford and Dodge Truck Forum Moderator

I agree go with the flomasters !!